Help identify a C64 cartridge

disco

Country
Croatia
Region
Zagreb
I've got this weird cartridge with C128 I acquired recently. "C64 Extra Modul" (C64 Extra Cartridge) is written on it. It has freeze and reset buttons similar to Final Cartridge III but there is no GUI. The function key mappings are identical to those on FC3. Here are some pics of the cartridge itself inside and out, menus and everything.

cartridge.jpgpcb-front.jpgpcb-back.jpgmenu3.jpgmenu2.jpgmenu1.jpg

Last edited:
From the word "aktiviran", I can take a guess that it's a serbian or croatian word for activate? Probably a custom built made in former Jugoslavia somehow?

Yes, it's translated to croatian and obsolete phone number is scrolling at the bottom (we switched to 7 digits and changed area codes long time ago).

It's weird it has exactly the same function key mappings as FC3 does. Could it be a FC1 or FC2 clone?

I've got something like this one among my stuff, although mine isn't cased. There were a lot of these 'unofficial' cartridges made in Poland, the Czech Republic and other Eastern European countries that were a bit more 'relaxed' about copyright back then. They were advertised in the back pages of computer magazines.

I remember these ads, they took about 15 pages in one of the monthly computer magazines in former Yugoslavia. They published the ads in the center so the centerfold was always reserved for a single ad from the largest "copyright violator". Sometimes even the back cover had such an ad in colour.

Anyway, it indeed looks like an "unofficial" cartridge. Thank you both for your help.

looks like final cartridge 1 clone.
who was selling those "extra moduls"? PNP or someone else?

I remember PNP, they were in Split back in the days. This one looks like it has been made or hacked by a guy from Zagreb.

Back
Top Bottom