AmiBayer
Blogger
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Country
Australia
Region
Queensland
Hey guys, not sure if this is the correct area to post this....

I recently purchased a couple of Oric 1s one of which had a peeling/damaged keyboard surround. So, I spent quite a few hours one night measuring an original Oric 1 keyboard surround and replicating it as closely as possible.

I then had a local vinyl supplier produce the image in high quality vinyl with a low sheen laminate coating. The result is a perfectly fitting replacement keyboard surround for the Oric 1.

I was going to leave it at that, but I thought, since all the hard work is done, it would be relatively easy to produce more (and in any colour if so desired) if anyone needed one.

If there is any interest I can post images of the replica/replacement keyboard surround and the Oric 1 it is now fitted to. The font I used is almost identical to the original, and imho, actually looks slightly nicer, however you would have to directly compare it to an original Oric to pick any difference.

Attached is the template.

Attachments

• Oric Keyboard Surround.png
    Oric Keyboard Surround.png
    13 KB · Views: 6
Well done! My Oric 1 keyboard is working fine for now, but it's great news knowing that someone was able to produce such a good quality keyboard surround. Should I ever need one, well now I know whom to address. I'd be interested in pictures of your replica/replacement. Thanks.

Inviato dal mio iPad utilizzando Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom