Closed C128 CGA to RGB adapter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Received RGB adapter in the mail yesterday, have not tested yet. It was packaged well and build quality seems good. Thank you!

Still waiting on replies from a few people. Please can you reply even if you don't want one anymore.
If I don't hear back in a few days I will just move on to the next lucky customers.

Last edited:
I've received mine, thank you sir. I've not had chance to clear my desk and set the 128 up with it yet though, i'll get it sorted this week (y).

Pretty sure I just posted a message here informing that I received my adapter, but the post seems to have vanished?? Perhaps I just pressed preview and forgot to post?
Anyway, the board is looking good and hopefully I should be able to test it out some time next week. :)

Received item in great order. Works perfectly, thank-you. Feedback left!

Here's a photo of it plugged into the back of my 128 (had to disconnect it all to get a good photo).

Thomas
COREi64

I love the 3D printed case! Did you model that? Nice work.

Just a note to people who buy it, I have moved the pin header around on board revisions. The first batch of boards I sent out won't fit in this case sadly.

Last edited:
Thank-you.

Yes, I designed and printed that case. I designed it with some finger grips so it would be easier to handle plugging it into the 128. That explains the shape of the case.

Thomas
COREi64

I love the 3D printed case! Did you model that? Nice work.

Got around to testing my adapter and can report that it works with the Open Source Scan Converter and in Line5x mode it was full screen through HDMI. Here's a quick picture from my 2408WFP monitor:
C128-80col.jpg
The C128 I tested with was faulty so could not do much else than show the basic screen, but the quality on this alone seemed very nice. I used 25% scanlines on the OSSC which I think was appropriate.

Edit: Oh, and feedback has been left. :)

Last edited:
Thanks for the photo :) I would love to see more pictures of it using the OSSC.
Fire up that Oblivion demo asap! That or the Mode mania demo which will be a real test of the OSSC.

Thanks for the photo :) I would love to see more pictures of it using the OSSC.
Fire up that Oblivion demo asap! That or the Mode mania demo which will be a real test of the OSSC.

That's exactly what I want to do tonight hehe

I hooked it to a Sony 20" PVM and it looks great. By far the best video adapter I did try for the 128. I was using the euro stripper cable for the PVM Monitors (that I use for the Amigas) and the SVGA to euro commerce cable I use in the Mist FPGA. Oblivion worked perfect and all vdcmania modes including the 800x600 did too. Only the non interlaced did flicker the image, I have to see other monitor and cable combinations to trace the culprit of that flickers in only those 2 non interlaced vdcmania modes.

2232102d35c84351f145f9814e3de2c6.jpg

63915adbe83eeb460d3112c530e9488e.jpg

b364bc2829c92876a096b72495ffe56c.jpg

52c0653104bc7f82c529a943ad49ccd0.jpg

58d58f86b703bff336677324085aff94.jpg

284774c0c979e9738c9fe8ae802b79a3.jpg

Love those pictures! Looks so good on that CRT even with the camera distorting everything as they do when you try to photograph a monitor.

Nice to see another happy customer :)

Received my unit, will try to test it soon. (I will try too hook up my C128 to a Benq BL702A multisync VGA monitor.)

I know it's been a while guys but why are people not responding to my emails?

It's waiting for replies holding up the list now. I might have a 48hours and I move onto the next person rule to speed things up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom