Not open for further replies.

konc

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Country
Greece
Region
Athens
Hi, I'm looking for a working floppy drive from a Schneider EuroPCII. Mind you, it's different from that of the EuroPC.
It's a bit unusual, I know, but maybe somebody has one from a dead machine (usually from battery leaking) and is willing to sell it.
Shipment to Greece, payment with Paypal.
Thanks!

Last edited:
Time for a bump. Come on, I was hoping for one to play during Christmas vacations!

Hi Konc,
I think I have one of these at home. I'll check tonight and get back to you.

Bryce.

Unfortunately Bryce didn't manage to find the drive (thanks anyway ;) ), so I'm still looking for one.

...and still. In case it's not obvious, I would take a defect/for parts EuroPCII also (sold for the price of a defect one) to only use the floppy.

I've never heard of those, are they so much different than ordinary floppy drives ?

Well the connector is different, power and data on the ribbon cable. Apparently there is a way to mod a PC floppy to work with it (http://oldcomputer.info/hacks/fdd_europc/index.htm) but it's too much for my skills and understanding. Plus I'm not certain that the face will match properly, although there's a good probability I'm wrong with this one.

Oh, I didn't know about those.
Well, you could try modding an old floppy drive you don't even use just to try, if it fails you got nothing to lose (well, if it's not irreversible, you could still reverse your modifications and make it back as it was)

Seeing how much people sells stuff on these forums and nobody offered you any of those floppies, makes me think that they're extremely rare and who has it doesn't want to give it away.
(heck, if I owned an extremely rare PC hardware I wouldn't sell it either)

Last edited:
We went along with DavidPs5448, received the floppy and finally this quest is over. Thanks David!

Great, I can stop looking for mine now, but still annoyed that I lost it :mad:

Bryce.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom