Iridium (early alpha)

Very beautiful! I have played a lot of hours on Uridium onto my C64 and onto my Amiga. Great job!

Games like this should be doable on the Amiga with a decent graphics card and 040/060 or Vampire. Does anyone think we'll ever get games made that can utilise the better hardware available or about to be available?

not until os4.x goes x86, then there could be enough users to maybe make it worth while coders spending thier time on a hobby machine :)

that looks amazing, very smooth :)

nice work there bud

Thanks mate :)

With vsync on its a consistent 60 fps, with vsync off it runs at around 4000 fps. Smoothest by far with vsync mind. 4000 fps sounds great but does suffers from micro stutters every now and again.

so you are going to demo this at Geekfest 2?

if so i am going to add that to the event page :) (if that is OK with you?)

Looking Great and Love the Background (y)

What Language is written in? C? Blitz Basic 2?

Looking Great and Love the Background (y)

What Language is written in? C? Blitz Basic 2?

Thanks :) Since the video I have added gatterling turrets, background dreadnaught engines and a lot of tweaks / fix's. It is running via my C++ DX11 graphics engine (JEng5), it also supports Bullet Physics (not in this game) and Ogg Vorbis.

The background is made by combining (with colour addition) large blurred / feathered circles :)

My next update will add destroyable background tiles.

Fantastic! ?? - I'm itching to play it now!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I will be uploading a new demo video later tonight. It's mainly a recode of the 2d rendering system. However there are new graphics for the launcher, homing missile and gun turrets as well as a new glow effect and slightly more intelegent enemy fighters.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom