Anyone used BenQ 15khz monitors?

8bitplus

Country
UK
Region
West Yorkshire
Hi, Sorry if this is in the wrong section.
I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with the 17" and 19" BenQ monitors that handle 15khz modes. Namely the BL912 and BL702a.
I have read plenty of people singing the praise for them with Amiga and other computer use, but I want to know if anyone has used them for consoles.

I play a few retro game events and currently lug around a 20" sony trinitron because I'm not happy with scart RGB on a 16/9 LCD TV. Mostly I play Megadrive, Saturn, SNES and PCE. I'm used to making my own custom RGB cables so that's not a problem.

I'd also use it on my Amiga's.

Thanks

I have one
They work well is the simple answer

I had the 702A until a couple of months ago. Worked great with no problems. All you will need is the vga adaptor

Last edited:
I think I've found the answer and they wont work for games consoles (except the CD32).
No consoles have the horizontal and vertical Sync needed to the monitors, they only have Composite and RGB sync that not the same I believe.

the best LCD 15khz for Amigas is NEC 1550M , great quality picture and good sync

The Dell 2001fp (June 2005 and earlier I think) is worth some research too. They're often cheap on the other bay - I bought two for less than £30 each). They have VGA, DVI, svideo and composite in. They will sync to 15khz and will do 50hz stutter free. The only snag is the rgb from the Amiga is initially not centralised so on each turn-on you need to recentre it it with the menu.

Last edited:
The Dell 2001fp also de-interlaces! It's a treat to throw highgfx or super72 interlaced at it and you get a nice clean flicker-free image. Too bad we have to re-center each time, but otherwise it's the holy grail for Amigas.

Back
Top Bottom