For Sale Gotek Floppy Drive External ROUND cables

A well packaged parcel arrived, thank you very much.

Cable: Works as expected.

DF0/DF1 switch: Not having much luck:
Switch position "A": Real floppy on internal connector acts as DF0. External Gotek not recognised (no 'click' on ejected disk either).
Switch position "B": Real floppy on internal connector acts as DF1. External Gotek recognised as DF2. There is an extra icon on the desktop DF0:NDOS.

User error? I had no idea how to orient the switch into the socket so used the time tested method of aligning the notch on the adapter to the notch on the CIA and then the socket. I have a A3000D, so U300.

thanks,
RDP

A well packaged parcel arrived, thank you very much.
Cable: Works as expected.
DF0/DF1 switch: Not having much luck:
Switch position "A": Real floppy on internal connector acts as DF0. External Gotek not recognised (no 'click' on ejected disk either).
Switch position "B": Real floppy on internal connector acts as DF1. External Gotek recognised as DF2. There is an extra icon on the desktop DF0:NDOS.
User error? I had no idea how to orient the switch into the socket so used the time tested method of aligning the notch on the adapter to the notch on the CIA and then the socket. I have a A3000D, so U300.

On A3000 check to jumper switch J351 if set to 2-3 (single internal drive). See the jumer S0/S1 on Gotek try changing if needed. Adapter must align notch to notch same as CIA.

Last edited:
Thanks for the ideas, I tried many combinations, and the only single time I could get the external cable Gotek to show up as DF1 was when I set the jumper to MO (not S0 or S1). But then DF0 (real internal floppy) shows up as DF0: ???? and cannot be accessed.

Strange.

Last edited:
The 3000D is such a pain to work on.....

Put CIA back to original configuration:

DF0: is internal drive
DF1: does not exist
DF2: is the Gotek, when it is set to S0.

Strange thing is, I cannot sense any difference in moving J351 at all. What should change by moving the jumper (from 1-2, to 2-3, etc.)?

Robert

I expect Gotek (jumpered to S0) to appear as DF1: connected by ext cable when A3000 is set to single internal drive, so J351 does not seem to work as expected. The internal drive is the original drive or modded pc drive? Anyway, I could do my own test, but as my access to A3000D is currently indirect it will take few days.

The drive is a Chinon FZ-357A, so I understand that to be a "real" Amiga HD FDD.

thanks!
RDP

DF0/DF1 switch: Not having much luck...

I have found a solution to your problem. In fact I completly forgot that at bigbox amigas df1 is reserved for internal drives, so it is the bootselector that needs to be modified for df2 instead the df1.
So I need to make you a bootselector for df2 instead. Sorry for inconvenience and confusion, also I will update the first post accordingly.

shipping to uk

shipping to uk

Hi there, I'm considering one of the black or beige cables, couple of question though. I'm planning on using this on both an Amiga 4000 (I notice the discussion on the 3000 re DF1 being reserved, the 4000 is the same) Would this cable work ok on the 4000 and secondly how much is shipping to the uk? Thank you!

Hi, cables work well on every amiga, the above discussion only concerned how the bootselector worked (which also has been solved).
Shipping costs I will PM you.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom