Never knowingly underweight
AmiBayer
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Country
Wales, UK
Region
Newport
Good afternoon all. Long time no see and all that! How you all doing? Good, good....

Anyway. After having *that* conversation with She Who Must Be Obeyed, I either need a larger house or fewer old computers. Seeing as even in the darkest depths of Wales, property is stupidly expensive it has to be the former so welcome to the first of my "prune down the collection" sales posts.

The first, as per title, an Amstrad PCW with lots of goodies with it.

As you can see from this first pic, it is no ordinary 8256. Oh no. It has a 720kb 3.5" B: drive and has been upgraded to 512kb internal RAM and also has an extra 1.5Mb attached to the back, which leads me on nicely to the the next picture.

An SCA Systems RamPAC and parallel port with, as above, 1.5Mb of RAM stuffed cosily within.

Sweet, I hear you say.

But wait! There's more...

Did I hear you say "If only it had a handscanner and mouse interface?" No fear, I have you covered.

OMG! Can it get any better than this? Fear not. It can. Did you notice that ribbon cable hanging out of the back of the PCW? Extra floppy drives! A Pinboard Computers DataTwin8 no less.

Now, you're going to need some disks for all this. No problem. I forgot to count all the 3.5" ones, but you'll see a bunch of Locomotive software utilities for Pinboard drives amongst all that lot. As for 3" disks, about 40 of those mostly with various DTP, word processing stuff as well as a few games.

That'll keep you busy for a while...

A bit of literature. I did have more but I can't find it.

It also has 2 printers, an original Amstrad and a Canon BJ. Forgot to take picture of those...

So, that's about it really. The only issues I've noticed is sometimes the 3" floppy drive needs a bit of a tap on the eject button to make it realise it has a disk in it, and the B drive on the pinboard external is a bit squeaky. Also, running through all the 3.5" drives with a head cleaner would be nice. When I last played with it, a dirty floppy (oooh matron) dirtied things up and I did take them apart to clean with IPA and a cotton bud which made them happy until it happened again, upon which I couldn't be bothered doing it again. The same batch of disks also dirtied up my Amiga drives too. Grr. You forget these things are approaching 30 years old and can be a bit grubby by now...

Anyway. Anything else, just ask.

Now, the fun bit. I'm not quite sure what to value all this at. I'm reluctant to value going by some of the things I've seen on Evilb*y, dirty rotten gougers that some of them are, but it's also just gone xmas and kids are expensive so...

I'll have a go at £150 for the lot.

I'm very reluctant to post and package all of this, as you can imagine it's all quite heavy and would be quite awkward to pack safely so I would much prefer collection. I'm willing to travel or meet up myself within reason, I commute between Newport and Pontypridd for work, with occasional forays to Swindon so anywhere around there is an easy one, but also don't mind going a bit further afield of a weekend if need be. Ask! I'm sure we can work something out.

And that's about it. Cheers folks, and never forget your towel...

Hi there. I wouldn't have a clue at the moment. I'll have to get some boxes and weighing scales so I can estimate costs. Give me a day or two and I'll have more of an idea then.

Cheers!

Hi Uncle_Meat, Iam also interested in the PCW compute lot. International shipping required. Thanks

Well, that looks expensive! I'll try to confirm some cheaper quotes but an initial estimate with Parcelforce, 50x50x50 parcel looks like this. I've never sent anything larger than a small packet in the post so all a bit new to me. Wouldn't mind, but I pack large but delicate electronics and send them all over the place at work, but what happens to them once boxed is none of my business... :)

Anyway.

parcelf.jpg

Ouch!

Also, I have to confirm something here with the mods regarding Amibay ettiquite.

Chato, you have asked for shipping information but have not actually confirmed interest. Proteus has mentioned actual interest and has also confirmed this in private message.

What do I do? Who is first in line? I don't want to start any fisticuffs, just abide by the rules.

Cheers folks!

@Uncle_Meat

It may sound daft but asking for a postage quote does NOT count as stating interest.

Only members declaring "Interest" in the thread should be considered as officially declaring interest.

Thanks for the clarification, davideo.

I re-read the rules on this and thought that might be the case, but was about to message one of you admin folks to be sure and here you are!

Cheers!

*quick edit*

So Proteus, first in line. Taken to PM.

Last edited:
NOT declaring interest, just like to give You an advice to estimate the shipping price not on ParcelForce directly, better option is to using sites like:
www.parcelmonkey.co.uk
www.parcel2go.com
and so on.. DPD is very quick and offering perfect prices as well...
regards,

-Cook

Cheers for that DJ, tried both and they both point me at DPD so I'll give them a go.

Anyway, some shipping information. I did initially get some quotes for a 50x50x50 parcel, seeing as going much over that size put the price up quite a bit, but I'm not happy about trying to squeeze it all safely in a box that size, so I've had a couple of quotes for 2 parcels of 50x50x50, and playing it safe with a weight of 15kg per parcel.

This means I can stuff it all in with a lot more paper and bubble wrap so it'll all (fingers crossed) survive the journey with no damage.

So, DPD to Spain with £50 insurance (I'm sure they do more but that was the quick quote thing) is £39
Portugal is a couple of quid more at £41

Provisionally sold to proteus, pending me pulling my finger out and getting it all wrapped up.

Hi is this now sold? If not I declare interest and I'm in the UK so happy to pay courier costs etc. Many thanks

is it still for sale?

ZPfBTNanAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)]
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)]
[/COLOR]

[/COLOR]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom