vibros

Rating - 100%
108   0   0
Country
Italy
Region
Emilia-Romagna
Hello,

i have made in this days a SCART adapter for the external 23 pins RGB port of all the Amiga models. This little project is based on the informations that come from some datasheets found around the net, my experience and, primarily from what is reported on the web-page of Mr. Ian Stedman.
I have choose a solution without a cable, that is needed and the buyer need to get it apart. This adapter is hand made and it is printed at home.

About the matter 'SCART cable' i have found here four parts, in the state as described:

-two cables are identical, they have very few pins at the two terminals (plugs) and they carry only a composite signal. This signal is not present on this adapter, because it is a little bit expensive about the parts needed (take a look here https://www.amibay.com/showthread.php?48994-RGB-gt-CVideo-S-Video-and-VGA-self-made!) so this type of cable wont work with this adapter. A B/W composite signal is less expensive to build, but senseless on Amiga, at least this is my opinion.
-another cable is almost complete in number of pins; but because i have followed strictly the rules and some signals on SCART are marked as IN and OUT, the cable need to have this signals crossed at the two terminals otherwise you will see nothing. This cable has not crossed lines, so it wont work on this adapter (but it is ok for other purpose!).
-the fourth is ok, has some lines crossed and work as showed in the pictures.

So, how distinguish type from type? Try it, nothing will be destroyed if the cable is not the right one!...or open the plugs and take a look at the color of the wires.

And now something more funny...the price: i ask for it 18 eur (it was 15 Eur) + shipping cost. I wish to inform you that this is not the cheaper solution on the market: Amigakit has SCART cables for the Amiga at lower price!

Regards
Stefano

Attachments

• DCP_7905.JPG
    DCP_7905.JPG
    78.3 KB · Views: 0
  • DCP_7906.JPG
    DCP_7906.JPG
    82.2 KB · Views: 0
  • DCP_7909.JPG
    DCP_7909.JPG
    71.4 KB · Views: 0
  • DCP_7916.jpg
    DCP_7916.jpg
    158.4 KB · Views: 0
  • DCP_7912.jpg
    DCP_7912.jpg
    187.1 KB · Views: 0
  • DCP_7914.jpg
    DCP_7914.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Hello,

payment received from Kenhan. The item will be sent as soon as possible.

Regards
Stefano

Last edited:
Hello,

item sent yesterday. More infos on pm...and feedback left.

Regards
Stefano

Last edited:
Hello,

is there some guys interested on this item? I have made a new one with the same form but slight improved in the tracks design. Basically it is the same one sold here some months ago, the same that i use on my Amiga attached to an old CRT TV, and it work very well.
So, because some parts needed to build this adapter are a little bit expensive, tell me if a couple of units could be easily sold here...but at higher price, about 18-20 Eur + postage.

Stefano

Hello,

one unit is for sale at the same price: 15 Eur + postage with tracking.

Stefano

Hello,

payment received for one item, that will be sent as soon as possible.
I ask the buyers to send a little review about this item. I have tested it just on one monitor: if you have compared this adapter against an 'only cable' solution, can be that someone else will profit for this review and be interested to buy one.

Stefano

Hello,

item sent today, feedback left and buyer advised of the sending.

Stefano

Hello,

i am interested to know if someone has tried to compare this adapter with the special SCART cable made for the Amiga (SCART plug <--- ---> 23 pin plug).
If there is difference in the quality of the picture, i mean...

Stefano

Hello,

if you had had trouble with this adapter (i mean PCB not reliable), please, return it to me! I will move all the parts on a new PCB, better in quality.
Sorry for this inconvenience!

Regards
Stefano

Hello,

someone interested in this adapter? I am going to build new one, if there is a request for this part.
It is very usefull and practical!

Cheers
Stefano

Hello,

because the cost of the parts, there is a new price on first post.
For this item i accept only serious preorder (without payment in advance).

Cheers
Stefano

Up! The adapter has some small improvement on the design of the tracks in comparison to what is pictured on the first post.

Regards
Stefano

Hello,

for sale, but i need to collect some preorder, before i complete some parts for the sale.

Regards
Stefano

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom