AmiBayer
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Country
England
Region
Alresford
For Sale: Acorn Electron with optional cassette recorder

Please note you will need to supply your own 19V 1A AC adapter to power the Electron and cassette leads. Unfortunately I need these for my other Acorn Electron and Oric 1 as this is my backup machine.

Due to unforeseen circumstances I am selling my spare machines. This is for an Acorn Electron with an optional Bush cassette recorder also in lovely beige (refurbished by Bas (TheCorfiot))

The Acorn Electron is rock solid and is a replica set up of my first ever computer with the Bush deck, but it never gets used. I've tested with the machine loading Boxer game (sadly not included in the sale) so works well with this Acorn Electron. The Acorn Electron has slight discolouration but nothing too bad. It's worth mentioning that when I first booted it up I had problems with the machine crashing after a few minutes each time in strange and mysterious ways. Bas kindly talked me through unclamping the ULA, cleaning the ULA with IPA and an eraser, and then adding additional paper on top of the chip as the tension of the clamp has decreased over time. Apparently this is a common problem and has fixed this machine as well so should be good for a good few years more, but if there are any issues further down the line, this might be the cause. I've been using it now for a couple of hours without a single issue.

I've tested the scart (colour) and composite (B&W but can be modded to colour) connections but I no longer have a TV with a tuner to try the RF connection. If needed, I can include an RF cable otherwise you will need to supply your own scart or composite cable.

I'm looking for (was €45) now €40 for the Acorn Electron alone or (was €65) now €60 with the tape deck + PP fees + P&P from Ireland.

Happy to take additional photos on request or answer any questions.

P1060200.jpg P1060198.jpg P1060199.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom