Say hello to the brand new Amiga A500 accelerator card - the TF530 (Terrible Fire 530

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not against the price at all. The way this was worded was that this "cost" 150€ to make (i.e. 150€ for personal build). I was surprised at that. I think its great that someone would make the board at all.

Unfortunately, for me, it seems that its going to cost around AU$150 in parts and the extortionate Australia tax with shipping, but luckily, exchange rates included, thats a HELL LOT cheaper than 150 Euro. (about AU$210-AU$220)

Last edited:
So basically if you cant close the Amiga 500 with this thing installed then what's the benefit of fitting it internally?Am i missing something?

@Hellraiser

As far as I am aware this will fit inside the A500 / A500+ quite comfortably and to be honest it should also work on the A2000 with an /OVR /INT2 pick ups from the CPU port.

@Thread
Please keep the discussion of price and prices out of this thread - price discussions are not allowed on AmiBay - if one has issues with prices then please discuss this privately.

New expansions for Amiga are always good news.

About this low cost accelerator showned in the video, it's not a 68030 but a 68020 processor.
The IDE and memory isn't on board.

The author uses a A508IDE board from Kipper2K which includes 8Mb and IDE device.
The 68020 accelerator is plugged onto the A508IDE board.

In this configuration, it's impossible to close the Amiga case since it's impossible to put the keyboard at its right place.

Here is a video of the 68030 version of the Terriblefire:

It's a very compact board! Really good job!

Then this statement is not valid?

There is a relocation board that you can use to move the accelerator back further so you can close the case. It's on his github page.

@Thread
Please keep the discussion of price and prices out of this thread - price discussions are not allowed on AmiBay - if one has issues with prices then please discuss this privately.

I was discussing cost not price. There is a difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He probably means you cannot close the cover when TT530 is connected to A508 = which is two boards connected as sendwich. Normal situation is TT530 placed in the 68000 socket and this time you close you Amiga without any problem.

The 530 doesn't work with the 508. The 520 should close with the 508.. will need to test it

@Thread

I was discussing cost not price. There is a difference.

I was not referring to you sir ;)

Thinking about using this in my Amiga 1000 (and leaving the Vampire 500 V2+ for my Amiga 2000), what is the highest Kickstart ROM that is available for the 1000? Naturally, I would want to be able to autoboot from the IDE if possible, but I guess as long as I can run WHLoad, etc. from the IDE even with booting from the floppies / Gotek is 2nd best option.

Thanx..

Sorry to hear this. its shame there are trolls who try and ruin any home project because "they" feel its not good enough., I deal with many of these weekly, what I do is "dont feed" and ignore them. they either calm down or go off the rails and get banned.

Like we spoke in PM just drop what you're doing and be with you mum. you can always come back when you feel up to it.

2mb fast ram is small but enough for every day use except whdload. i used an amiga back in 1990's with total 3mb ram with a 52mb hard disk and used to for everything before the days of whdload.

I do admit I had criticism over the ACA500 with 2mb ram but that was by design, we was lied to saying the 2mb ram was for technical reasons when in fact it was to promote the sales of the aca12xx range which just so happened to plug into the aca500 making it a usable whdload machine. this was a business decision whereas this board you're helping to build is a non profit for the community project WITH technical reasons why only 2mb ram.

I hope he ignores the trolls and continues with his projects.

Thanks for the update, I agree 100% a few bad apples ruin thing for everyone. I'm so sorry to hear about your Mom, I went through the same thing last year with mine, cancer sucks.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom