Say hello to the brand new Amiga A500 accelerator card - the TF530 (Terrible Fire 530

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to apologize to Djcook for not answering in time but due to real life problems I just had the pleasure due to the Sukkopera's new relocator and a local friend that had the patience to bare me all this time I manage to have an Amiga that can do a lot of thinks at the same tine.
With the accelerator TF530 can load wb 3.1 and play WhdLoad games and with the AMIPI from MasterGR from here http://www.retro4fun.gr/pbb/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=464 I can have all games programs load from an SD cart and even emulate 4 drives at the same time.
Unfortunately My GVP a500 HD cannot work together under any circumstance.
A big thanks to Djcook for the accellrators that he is preparing.
Just a photo amiga500enchachedA.jpg to show the glory of Amiga.
It is included a boot selector and due to the relocator from Sukkopera a rom switch and an indivision v2.
So Amiga can but either from real Floppy and 1.3 or 3.1 rom and with the AMIPI from any ADF again in 1.3 or 3.1 rom.
The perfect combination (for me) a pure Amiga 1.3 with real floppy or SD with all the possible ADF fitting inside and an upgraded 3.1 with two floppies and a CF as hard disk.

Last edited:
I have to apologize to Djcook for not answering in time but due to real life problems I just had the pleasure due to the Sukkopera's new relocator and a local friend that had the patience to bare me all this time I manage to have an Amiga that can do a lot of thinks at the same tine.
With the accelerator TF530 can load wb 3.1 and play WhdLoad games and with the AMIPI from MasterGR from here http://www.retro4fun.gr/pbb/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=464 I can have all games programs load from an SD cart and even emulate 4 drives at the same time.
Unfortunately My GVP a500 HD cannot work together under any circumstance.
A big thanks to Djcook for the accellrators that he is preparing.
Just a photoView attachment 143878 to show the glory of Amiga.
It is included a boot selector and due to the relocator from Sukkopera a rom switch and an indivision v2.
So Amiga can but either from real Floppy and 1.3 or 3.1 rom and with the AMIPI from any ADF again in 1.3 or 3.1 rom.
The perfect combination (for me) a pure Amiga 1.3 with real floppy or SD with all the possible ADF fitting inside and an upgraded 3.1 with two floppies and a CF as hard disk.

That is cool. So the new relocator makes room for the 2-in-1 kickstart switcher? Awesomme.

I have a few questions though...
- Were to get one and what will the price be?
- How stable is the new relocator?
- Have you found some bug issues?

I don't understand the issue here.

I have a BooBip on my A500+. I modded the A500+ so it can have 2MB chip RAM (from BooBip board) and 1 MB slow RAM (the internal RAM turned into slow RAM) with a RTC running on BooBip.

So it should work with a TF530 if the only limitation is not exceeding 1MB of *slow* RAM.

The problem behind it is that TF has issue with 1.5mb slow ram, and boobips expansion doesn't allow to limit it to 1MB while PeteAu's expansion let's do it
So there are following options:
1. Use PeteAU's expansion (limited to 1MB slow ram)
2. Do a firmware rollback and use full 1.5MB slow
3. Upgrade your A500+ to 2MB chipRAM (with PeteAU expansion )

I think that my best option so far, and the cheapest, will be to convert/upgrade my mainboard to full Plus spec's. Well.... Nearly full spec's, as I am not going to install the clock circuit. I have no need or use for such a feature in my machine. If I need to do it, then it will be because of wrong date stamps on files. Yet if I can run the machine without clock, then there is no need for that.

Well...
I have done the 500 revision 8a.1 to 500-Plus convertion now. Sporting 1mb onboard mem, and any trapdoor (up to 1mb) will be alocated as Chipmem now. Yes. I have 2mb Chipmem right now.

ChipMem-01.jpg ChipMem-02.jpg ChipMem-03.jpg ChipMem-04.jpg ChipMem-05.jpg

So the question is now. Will I still be able to use the Gary adaptor for adding FastRam? As all Chip are alocated, or will even FastRam conflict, because of the fact that there is memory added with the use of the Gary adaptor. Hmmmm.... I will wait untill I get my MeanWell RT65b power supply that I need for replacing the internals in a dead heavy-a500-PSU.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Brostenen, my modified relocator is available here:

https://www.amibay.com/showthread.p...ocator-that-does-not-interfere-with-Kickstart

@kerkyra2007: Glad you're happy with it and thanks for saying so :).

Sweet..... This might finally be the solution to my complaints, that brought this issue to life. Price is not bad eighter. ;-) How high does it reach? I am thinking about, if it goes closer to the Denise chip or if it is the same space between the new relocator and the Denise chip, as the old relocator. The old relocator makes 1mm room/space between the relocator PCB and the PCB on the ScanPlusECS scandoubler. This is critical to my needs, as the relocator's PCB is at the same hight as the scandoubler's PCB, measured from the surface of the mainboard.

Attachments

• ChipMem-01.jpg
    ChipMem-01.jpg
    208.4 KB · Views: 1
  • ChipMem-02.jpg
    ChipMem-02.jpg
    199.8 KB · Views: 3
Please ask your questions in the relocater thread if you are interested, this is the wrong topic for that ;).

I have the new relocator in my 500 now as well. And I want to show off what my TF-530 setup looks like, so I am linking to my blog here below. I am really pleased with my setup, and as I was adviced, I have done the ChipMem mod, and are running with 2mb Chip + 2mb Fast from the TF-530. I so love this accelerator. Thanks for letting me buy one, and with the standoff's it is possible to add a scandoubler as well.

https://to9xct.blogspot.com/2018/12/amiga-500-turbo.html

Wow! Excellent!
However Systest shows 1MB Chip and 1,5MB Slow??

Also wanna let You know that sucsessor of TF530 - the TF534 was released, and i am planning to take preorders on it shortly.
New card has 4MB Fastram and is Zorrolll configured, so it will work fine with Zorroll ram expansions

Ona a side Note:
Have sent parcel to Mr. Leary, also included PeteAU's expansion so maybe Steve will look after 1.5MB Slowram problem on TF530 if we're lucky...
I love my Amiga!

Last edited:
Wow! Excellent!

That is because you did not read the entire blog post.... :D I changed the Ram configuration by doing a ChipMem upgrade and is running the trapdoor as ChipMem now. Hence 1mb Chip on the motherboard plus 1mb Chip from the trapdoor and 2mb Fast from the TF-530.

- - - Updated - - -

Just scroll down to picture 26 and read from there... The entire blog post is actually a journey of upgrading/modding an Amiga500, and it stretches over 1 year of time. So the blog post is rather long. :)

Last edited:
Wow! Excellent!

Also wanna let You know that sucsessor of TF530 - the TF534 was released, and i am planning to take preorders on it shortly.
New card has 4MB Fastram and is Zorrolll configured, so it will work fine with Zorroll ram expansions

Ona a side Note:
Have sent parcel to Mr. Leary, also included PeteAU's expansion so maybe Steve will look after 1.5MB Slowram problem on TF530 if we're lucky...
I love my Amiga!

This is what my Amiga 2000 has been waiting for!

I'll make sure to be among the first in line :p

Awesome news! Any indication on price for the TF534?

Cheers.

Haven't calculated yet..
Will cost more than TF530 because of different CPLD, other ram chips, additional Flash ROM chip, 4-Layer board etc..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom