jvidia

Rating - 100%
82   0   0
Country
Portugal
Region
Cascais
Hi friends.

I'm looking for an AT case to build a 486 system on it.

If PSU is included I'll appreciate too.

Looking for something in mint/NOS state in original cardboard box.

Please send me PM with your offers.

(y)

Last edited:
Hi, I'm new here and not quite sure about those rules - am I supposed to declare it here first before I send a pm with _an offer_? or is it just with buying stuff?

Anyway, tower or desktop?

That rule is just on the selling topics to declare interest.

I'm looking for mid tower or desktop as they are NOS ;)

Hi, I'm new here and not quite sure about those rules - am I supposed to declare it here first before I send a pm with _an offer_? or is it just with buying stuff?

Anyway, tower or desktop?

Even with a Wanted thread it is still a requirement to post within the thread but the price and other details should be sent in PM.

@jvidia

Responding to Wanted adverts:
To respond to a Wanted advert, you must declare so in the thread. Once you have posted a message, you may send a PM to the thread poster with your offer. If the poster is looking for multiple items, you should state in the thread which one(s) you are offering.

No problem. Good luck

Even with a Wanted thread it is still a requirement to post within the thread but the price and other details should be sent in PM.

Thank you for clearing that up for me!

Well, I hereby declare that I shall send a PM.

Am I seen that correctly that one can't upload images in PMs, only in the forum?

This one isn't exactly new, I'm afraid. But it has that MHz Display.
But these are rather common, if you find one online, ask if there's a display built in, sometimes it's missing. 486_minitower.jpg

Some more cases as an inspiration:

This is 1997 vintage, NOS, but rather boring, Turbo key, but more like "Pentium 1 p54c-166"
Case_586.jpg

Desktops with 2.5 digit display, they do exist. Apart from that, this is pretty much the archetype of standard Desktop cases - somewhere towards 1990 they settled on "three 5.25, one 3.5, that's enough for anyone":
486_2_5_display.jpg

For me, the best case ever, and also the first. Rather clean design for late 80s, sturdy build, tinker-friendly. Mine used to house a 386-40, what else? It's pretty common, actually, saw at least one per year leave that other bay:
386.JPG

This was actually and officially called the "08/15" series by German OEM Vobis. (slang for "nothing fancy, totally boring standard run of the mill garden variety crap"). It does have a display behind the shade on the left, if Vobis bothered to install one. Mine is in better shape, hardly any yellowing, housing the original am486-40 ISA system with 4 MB, no cache and 170 MB HDD. Yes, Vobis were a bunch of cheap shits. Their machines are not, nowadays.
s-l1600.jpg

A truly weird fella: AST Research Bravo MT 4/66d, a 486 from 1993. Good luck finding another one in Europe.
Yes, it's upside-down, except, it isn't. Drive bays are at the bottom. Also, the Mobo is "quasi-ATX" meaning the proprietary connectors at the back very closely resemble the form factor not introduced until three years later, down to the 7 slot count. Neat system with VLSI chipset, homebrew BIOS, onboard ATI graphics and PS2 RAM. Well, AST happened to be the 9th in the gang, who did not make it:
Ast_Bravo_486.jpg

And obviously, the less said about this one, the better:
colani.jpg

Technically, all of there are for sale, for the mere reason that my hobby space suffers from limited threedimensional resources, eventually. Just don't expect me to part easily ;)

To find them offered for sale elsewhere, well, very few people seem to understand that "AT case" does not mean "less specific ATX case" - so basically, all you can do is browse the miscellaneous for anything beige :(
Another approach to a 486-era case would be to look for Pentium 1 machines, as they were a common upgrade. Those are cheap and easily evicted.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom