Sold Pre-Orders: Tapuino C64 Tape Emulator KIT PCBs1.72 / kit 5th batch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi I got one of theses from another batch and it works fine but 2 things I noticed..

1. if you connect a datassette to it you can't play a cassette from it when it's connected .(I had to add a wire to be able to load from the datassette but have to disconnect it to load from Tapuino,so all I need to do is add a switch.)
2. If you connect a datassette to it you can't record to the datassette from Tap.(Will have to looking to this to get it to work.)

Any Ideas..?

Hi I got one of theses from another batch and it works fine but 2 things I noticed..

1. if you connect a datassette to it you can't play a cassette from it when it's connected .(I had to add a wire to be able to load from the datassette but have to disconnect it to load from Tapuino,so all I need to do is add a switch.)

Yes, I think this is the standard behaviour, can take the idea of switch for the next batch of PCBs, just adding a 3 pin header.

2. If you connect a datassette to it you can't record to the datassette from Tap.(Will have to looking to this to get it to work.)

Any Ideas..?
I think this is possible, only need to activate the "INVERT" option on the menu.
It was commented on development forum, but it's hard to find:picard

It was here: https://www.amibay.com/showthread.p...-Tape-Emulator&p=732243&viewfull=1#post732243

Last edited:

Yes, I think this is the standard behaviour, can take the idea of switch for the next batch of PCBs, just adding a 3 pin header.

Yes you can you need to connect the READ (White wire) from the real Datassette to the READ on the lead from the commodore 64 but need to put a switch in between cos you will not be able to load from the Tapuino only from the real datassette.so you need a break in the connection.I did the same kind of thing with my Clonemaster,it don't have a read line on the second connector(oh it uses the same chip as the Tapuino does,well this came out 20 years ago, this thing started all this and the 10 games on CD that I have from Rainbow Arts.)had to add one to get it to work ,I did't want to keep swapping the Rainbow Arts CD Adapter and the Datassette around at the time.yes I used my PSP and that adapter the play wavs before Tapuino..:)

Last edited:
Hello everyone has a change of project I still have 1 new never served

If you mean you are selling one - then please create your own thread otherwise feedback can't be exchanged.

Next batch?

Next batch?

Hello. New to the forum, and had seen the Tapuino mentioned elsewhere recently.

Any idea when there'll next be a kit for sale?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom