edd_jedi

Rating - 100%
38   0   0
Country
United Kingdom
Region
London
I attempted to do a region mod on my Sega 32x following this guide:

http://www.segakore.fr/index.php/2013/11/30/modify-your-mega-drive-genesis-32x-pal-ntsc#.WLREYBKLTMU

It's a very simple mod, just 2 wires and a switch. All was going well until I tried to tidy up the wiring. I moved the soldered wires and they both came off, bringing the solder pads with them :( I must have heated the pads too much.

So I need somebody that is better at soldering/repairing than me who can repair the solder pads and do the region mod for me.

I can supply the 32x console and switch. Ideally I would rather not send my Mega Drive as well so if you have one of those already that would be a bonus. But if not I could send that too.

Please let me know if you can help!

I will definitely take a look, it shouldnt be too difficult.

PM coming your way.

Does sound like way way too much heat or time the iron was left on the pad..

Depending on how far you want to go with your 32X modding.... I know a guy in Bulgaria who actually mods 32X/Genesis 2/Megadrive 2 into a single case with overclock and regional mod (no switches, hold down RESET to change modes indicated by the colour of the power LED)... it's the closest you will get to a Sega Neptune.... and very nice. Also, much more reliable than a 32X on top of a Megadrive and runs off a single power supply... ;)

I will definitely take a look, it shouldnt be too difficult.

PM coming your way.

Hello, I am hoping you are still around, and might be able to help me with a similar issue. I have modded a few consoles previously, but it would appear due to the 32x's smaller points, I have made an utter mess of this.

Pondis - if you are still around, and can help me fix the utter mess i have created, and rescue my 32x, i would be most appreciative. Happy to pay for your services of course. So, what do you say? able to help me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom