Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 81

Thread: Is AmigaKit still open for business?

  1. #71
    Septercius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Country
    UK
    Region:
    West Midlands
    Posts
    11
    Feedback
    3 (100%)

    Default

    A mixed experience for me. I've placed a total of two orders thus far (in the two weeks or so that I've had my Amiga).

    The first arrived the next day, or the day after, which was brilliant. It was very well wrapped as well and I liked the email status updates. The order included a set of Workbench 3.1 discs, one of which is unreadable when I try to install the operating system. I raised a support ticket two days ago, requesting a replacement disc and finally got a (one line) response today. I replied immediately; I've heard nothing since. I hope it doesn't take two days to get a response each time. All I need is a new disc; I'd even be happy to send the old one back at my own expense if that would make things move more quickly.

    The other order was placed on Wednesday, and I haven't heard anything about it yet.

  2. #72
    Commercial Vendor www_amigakit_com's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region:
    Cardiff
    Posts
    835
    Feedback
    6 (100%)

    Default

    Hi,

    I have checked on your Support Ticket and have seen that our Technician has responded to you a few times today (today is not a work day). I hope our service is satisfactory.

    BTW: We check every disk three times on read/write tests before despatch to ensure it works. However if it comes in contact with magnetic sources or dirt/dust debris circulating in a 30 year old floppy disk drive, errors can occur. Floppy disks are very fragile medium.
    www.amigakit.com Amiga Computer Store

  3. #73
    Fogg_80's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Country
    Italia
    Region:
    Foggia, Puglia
    Posts
    424
    Feedback
    24 (100%)

    Default

    Hi, I sent you a mail and opened a ticket but I have not yet received a response. I kindly ask you a reply because it is urgent! I thank you in advance and hope for your speed. Ciao ciao

    Sergio

    P.S. I need BoingBall mouse for Classic Amiga. When in stock?
    Last edited by Fogg_80; 10th September 2017 at 14:57. Reason: Update

  4. #74
    PSPUAE DEV / Amigakit Staff FOL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Region:
    Wales
    Age
    39
    Posts
    1,109
    Feedback
    4 (100%)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fogg_80 View Post
    Hi, I sent you a mail and opened a ticket but I have not yet received a response. I kindly ask you a reply because it is urgent! I thank you in advance and hope for your speed. Ciao ciao

    Sergio

    P.S. I need BoingBall mouse for Classic Amiga. When in stock?
    Sorry for delay, I have updated your ticket.
    On news of PSPUAE update on DCEMU came this reply, lol.

    Quote Originally Posted by djk21108
    this will sure make that horace guy happy....

  5. #75
    Septercius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Country
    UK
    Region:
    West Midlands
    Posts
    11
    Feedback
    3 (100%)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by www_amigakit_com View Post
    Hi,

    I have checked on your Support Ticket and have seen that our Technician has responded to you a few times today (today is not a work day). I hope our service is satisfactory.

    BTW: We check every disk three times on read/write tests before despatch to ensure it works. However if it comes in contact with magnetic sources or dirt/dust debris circulating in a 30 year old floppy disk drive, errors can occur. Floppy disks are very fragile medium.
    I did get a response from the technician; he said that he'd pop a replacement disc in the post with my outstanding order. So, yes, I am very pleased.

    I see that that particular order is now being picked - please can you make sure the disc is included.

  6. #76
    Fogg_80's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Country
    Italia
    Region:
    Foggia, Puglia
    Posts
    424
    Feedback
    24 (100%)

    Default

    @FOL
    Ok, I Will wait for th solution to the problem.

    I would like to know if A-EON mouse for Amiga Classic (with boingball logo and DB9 connector) will be available soon. Thanks.
    Last edited by Fogg_80; 13th September 2017 at 23:08.

  7. #77
    GurúMeditating trixster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Country
    England
    Region:
    Yorkshire
    Posts
    309
    Feedback
    19 (100%)

    Default

    I'm kind of losing patience with AmigaKit.

    I placed an order last Monday for a Prisma Megamix, paid through PayPal. I received an email from PayPal saying I'd paid but no email confirming my order from followed from AmigaKit.

    On Friday I still had nothing from them so I logged onto the website and my order is sitting at Picking (or something similar). I raised a support ticket asking if I could get an update on progress (the item appears to be in stock) but I've had no reply. I tried to logon to AmigaKit on Monday but for some reason my password has disappeared from my keychain, so I requested a password reset - the site says it has emailed me a password reset link but nothing has come through. I've tried a password reset request yesterday and today but again no reset email has come through.

    So as it stands I have paid for a Prisma Megamix, the order status was last seen several days after the order went through as Picking and I've had no emails whatsoever from AmigaKit regarding my order or my password reset request! So I have little way to contact them at the moment. I've tried the phone number but it's constantly engaged.
    A1200 + B1260 80Mhz + Indi AGA2 + Ide-fix Express | Atari Falcon + CT60e 100Mhz | SNES| 3DO
    A4000/040 + CS Mk2 72Mhz + Sonnet PPC 400Mhz + Voodoo3 + Indi AGA | Saturn | PS1 | C64
    A3020 | A3000 | BBC B | BBC Master | Atom | CPC6128 | A500 | Jaguar | G5 2.7Ghz MorphOS

  8. #78
    A4000 lives once more! A1200 bits are going... Amibayer! RichyV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Country
    UK
    Region:
    Gloucestershire
    Posts
    1,214
    Feedback
    34 (100%)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by trixster View Post
    I'm kind of losing patience with AmigaKit.

    I placed an order last Monday for a Prisma Megamix, paid through PayPal. I received an email from PayPal saying I'd paid but no email confirming my order from followed from AmigaKit.

    On Friday I still had nothing from them so I logged onto the website and my order is sitting at Picking (or something similar). I raised a support ticket asking if I could get an update on progress (the item appears to be in stock) but I've had no reply. I tried to logon to AmigaKit on Monday but for some reason my password has disappeared from my keychain, so I requested a password reset - the site says it has emailed me a password reset link but nothing has come through. I've tried a password reset request yesterday and today but again no reset email has come through.

    So as it stands I have paid for a Prisma Megamix, the order status was last seen several days after the order went through as Picking and I've had no emails whatsoever from AmigaKit regarding my order or my password reset request! So I have little way to contact them at the moment. I've tried the phone number but it's constantly engaged.
    If you're not receiving any emails from them, that sounds like some kind of spam filtering if I'm honest...

    Ordered 5 Amiga Future mags today and instantly received an email.
    CD32 + SX-1 |A1200+ Blizzard 040 | A4000D + WarpEngine 40MHz + FastATA + CV64/3D
    Others: ZX81 + DK'Tronics k/b | ZX Spectrum 48k + Interface 1 | BBC Model B + CF/USB + 6502 2nd Proc
    GONE but not forgotten: Amiga 500 + MegaChip + Supra Turbo 28 + GVP Impact A500-HD+

  9. #79
    GurúMeditating trixster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Country
    England
    Region:
    Yorkshire
    Posts
    309
    Feedback
    19 (100%)

    Default

    I've checked my email account's spam, trash and archive folders and there are no emails from AmigaKit. The last time I ordered from them I had no issue receiving their emails.
    A1200 + B1260 80Mhz + Indi AGA2 + Ide-fix Express | Atari Falcon + CT60e 100Mhz | SNES| 3DO
    A4000/040 + CS Mk2 72Mhz + Sonnet PPC 400Mhz + Voodoo3 + Indi AGA | Saturn | PS1 | C64
    A3020 | A3000 | BBC B | BBC Master | Atom | CPC6128 | A500 | Jaguar | G5 2.7Ghz MorphOS

  10. #80
    Commercial Vendor www_amigakit_com's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region:
    Cardiff
    Posts
    835
    Feedback
    6 (100%)

    Default

    @trixter

    Hello,

    Thanks for the order, I can confirm it was posted to you a few days ago. If you are not receiving emails, then add our domain names to your Safe Senders / spam white list.

    Some providers (mostly Microsoft based) zap our emails before they arrive at the mailbox.

    We have had a lot of phone calls this week, sometimes providing telephone technical support keeps us on the phone for a while. If we have several phone calls in succession our lines can be busy.

    Your item is Royal Mail Recorded so you should check your local postal delivery office if they are keeping the package for you (it requires a signature).
    Last edited by www_amigakit_com; 4th October 2017 at 15:54.
    www.amigakit.com Amiga Computer Store

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. AmigaKit.com Back Online And Open For Sales!
    By www_amigakit_com in forum AmigaKit.com
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 1st May 2016, 11:41
  2. All this CF & SD Business
    By Slayer in forum AmiOracle
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 8th August 2010, 16:33
  3. Amiga 500 Sealed:To open or not to open
    By Tajmaster in forum AmiOracle
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 6th March 2010, 20:10

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •