Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Is AmigaKit still open for business?

Country
    United States
    Region:
    Missouri
    Feedback
    8 (100%)

Default Is AmigaKit still open for business?

Last week I ordered a few parts from Amigakit.US as a guest.

Shortly after I received an automated email telling me my order had been received and the status could be tracked using a link. The link on the email doesn't work; I assumed because I ordered as a guest so I created an account. I then submitted a support ticket asking to associate the order# with said account, but that seems to have fallen on deaf ears. I then discovered that neither of their phone numbers work (one disconnected, the other rings forever.)

I understand they're a small company, but I would expect for items I have ordered that were listed as "In Stock" to have shipped within 5 business days of accepting payment - or some communication stating why they haven't otherwise. I am based in the United States and have ordered from the likes of Vesalia and Lotharek on several occasions and have never been "in the dark" about the status of orders from the moment they were placed.

Can anyone definitively answer as to whether or not AmigaKit.US is still open? The non-communication and disconnected phones have me a bit miffed and on the verge of contacting PayPal. You know, frustrations that wouldn't exist in the slightest if there were SOME communication.

Thanks!

Country
    United States
    Region:
    Michigan
    Feedback

Newb here. I'm considering placing a sizable order with them as well. Did you get an answer to this? Are they still processing orders?

Country
    United States
    Region:
    California
    Feedback
    25 (100%)

They can be slow to ship and respond, but I've always gotten my stuff. I ordered some stuff on Feb 20 (everything in stock), and they shipped it on March 1 and I received it several days later. Their website still says "awaiting despatch".
    Last edited by comraider; 24th March 2017 at 03:48.

Country
    United States
    Region:
    CA
    Feedback
    8 (100%)

I placed an order over the weekend and it gets delivered tomorrow (I wasn't home today to receive it).

Country
    UK
    Region:
    Glasgow
    Feedback

i get stuff from them sent all the way to Canberra, Australia and its always here, usually around 2 week mark. Sometimes it can say "allocated" on a product for ages, or just sometimes the ubiquitous "OK", is all you get ... but .... i always get my gear.
    A600HD(Vampire 2), A600HD(Furia), A600(Furia),A1200(ACA1220), A1200[Viper1230/28], A1200(Apollo 1260/75), A1200(ACA1233n), A1200(ACA1233) Oric 1, Spectrum+, Spectrum +2, Spectrum +2A, Spectrum+3, C64, C128, Electron

Country
    United Kingdom
    Region:
    Renfrew, Scotland
    Feedback
    151 (100%)

I ordered yesterday and the package is sitting on my desk this morning

Country
    UK
    Region:
    West Somerset
    Feedback
    13 (100%)

I have personally found them to be very slow. So much so that I will usually go out of my way to order elsewhere however often there isn't really anywhere else to get some of this stuff. I am speaking of the UK store however. I have no idea if the US store is the same physical location just with a website in USD or not.

It's always frustrating dealing with a company that is slow. Especially when I could drive there within 2 hours

Country
    United States
    Region:
    Missouri
    Feedback
    8 (100%)

My items arrived this Friday.

I received no communication until I placed a complaint with PayPal; after which I almost immediately received a "Sorry, overlooked your ticket." They then shipped the order via FedEx 2 day and I received everything I ordered.

It also seems that even though I used the US website, everything still came from the UK. Maybe the problem is the US site just doesn't get the traffic the others get, and therefore nobody's really paying attention there?

Anyway, they are indeed still alive.. You just have to prod them some times.

Country
    Ireland
    Region:
    Galway
    Feedback
    34 (100%)

They can be slow, I had two orders placed and both were at the pending stage for more than seven days. These orders only went forward when I opened a support ticket enquiring as to why they were so slow. Other than that I'm happy customer.

Country
    United States
    Region:
    WV
    Feedback
    56 (100%)

You guys are lucky. I've got an order that's been sitting at pending for over two months. I've never had an order shipped from them that hasn't sit pending for several weeks. Like others have said, I place most orders from anywhere else now if I can but there are some things that they are the only source for.

I've never had any problems with Vesalia, amigastore.eu, amedia, they all ship right away often the same day. I know that Amigakit views themselves, along with A-eon as the saviors of the Amiga. Perhaps they are but keep treating customers like this and they may need someone to save them.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast