Not open for further replies.

CodeKiller

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Country
Hungary
Region
Nógrád
AT128 is a PC AT or PS/2 keyboard to Commodore 128D/DCR* adapter.
Compatible with any speed of keyboard with scan mode 2 as default**. (DIN type can be used with regular DIN->PS/2 adapters)
*C128DCRs require a wire to be installed for this adapter to work (+5V from C71 to pin4 of the keyboard connector) -- also the adapter may not stay flat but bends up a bit to have space for the PS/2 connector on desk but should connect without problem
**keyboards with excessive pull-down resistors (rare) may not work but the adapter can be modified to handle them (i can help if needed)

Disclaimer: Yes, I'm aware the presence of the C=Key adapter, but this project does not use any design or code from that. It's built entirely from scratch.

Price: 30€
Shipping: 7€ world wide flat rate

20170306_144852.jpgAT128_keyboard.jpg20170305_160132_.jpg

Can confirm that the adaptor does a good job. Mine is working without the extra wire which I had forgot to add until I saw the picture above again tonight.
I did find that it would not go into the keyboard socket with the screws at the front so I removed them then after plugging the board in screwed them back in from the rear which also attaches the board to the keyboard socket .

The wire only needed in DCR (metal cased) computers.
The screws may be a little bit big, but usually the adapter makes good contact even if the screws are not removed.

This is the last one of the adapters for sale.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom