Hello to all Amibayers,
I'm sure there are many knowledgeable people in here who can help with my situation. Anyhow, I've purchased Cyberstorm Mk1 060/50 late February from eBay in US. I had it shipped to my PO box right at Canadian Border, and finally went yesterday to pick it up. Item was in the original box, modules were of course disassembled, end everything looked nice except there was yellow smd component (tantalum capacitor apparently) broken off at the corner of the Simm socket (picture attached). So I decided to skip testing whole memory module initially.
I carefully went over online manual, and did following:
- Set Mobo jumpers both to EXT (it's Rev B)
- Removed A3640 spacers as they were to high (otherwise carrier module wouldn't sit correctly inside the socket, would be angled)
- Enabled IPEND and disabled CBR (no CPU on the mobo, motherboard is rev B).
- ROM Size set to 2-3 (there is one booth rom installed at 0 location)
- ROM CNT to 2-3 (one chip installed)
- CLK jumper was enabled, I tried booting with both ON & OFF
Motherboard is in excellent condition, recently recapped. I installed necessary libraries using my CF under UAE, so thats out of question. Even if system files (libraries) are not installed I'm assuming Amiga should at least boot, I should be able to enter boot menu (holding two mouse buttons). Even floppy doesn't react, video does turn on however it outputs empty gray picture (using Indivision AGA). I'm only able to do reset via keyboard, that's it. I'm really out of idea at this point of time. I have no reason to distrust seller, as it was advertised as "working pull". I can return it via ebay sellers protection ($700 US), but it is my intention to do whatever to make it work. My A3640 works just fine after being reinstalled. Help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!!