Offered Amiga hardware repair, restoration and upgrade service

I'm looking to get my A3000 motherboard repaired. It seems there are some issues with the flickerfixer and i would like some help installing a new buster, battery and scsi controller-chip (all of which I have bought online). The motherboard has suffered battery damage in the past but was serviced before I purchased the machine. If hese could take a look at, and assess, the damage that would be fantastic. There might still be some work to do?

Absolutely top service - friendly and professional. Uncomplicated processing and good communication. Boards were excellently repaired and revisioned - working very well. Thank you! Highly recommended service.

I just wanted to report that my A3000 motherboard is back from service now and top job once again by hese. It was pretty rough and now it's just flying. No issues so far. Thanks!

@Overmann

Thank you for the feedback. Good to hear the motherboard is running flawlessly now.

Apologies for not keeping this thread updated. Hese has done some repairs/upgrades for me as follows below via this thread.

1) Apollo 060
2) A1200 FAST ATA
3) A1200 Motherboard
4) Blizzard PPC 68040 -> 68060

Hese I would highly recommend for Amiga repairs/upgrades. Positive feedback left for all the above (y)

Last edited:
Hello Hese, sent to you now a message for an accelerator board to be repaired
regards

Hi.

Do you have time to upgrade a Blizzard 1240 PPC with a 040/25 for a 060 and a better PPC ?
I have an Apollo 1240 dead (clock leaked) do not boot, early startup didn't work.

PM me if you have time...

Assembling AA3000+ boards for matt3k

01.01.2020 - 02.01.2020
I've begun assembling the AA3000+ board set for matt3k a couple of days ago. After two long days of soldering all the passive components etc. (resistors, capacitors [except polymers], ferrite beads, transistors, diodes, ...) and over half of the glue logic chips are in place. Next to solder the small pitched SSOP glue logic chips.

All SSOP chips soldered, scandoubler/flicker fixer memory chips soldered, sockets added for ATF/GAL chips, ATF chips programmed and installed onto the motherboard. Amiga custom chips and the DSP chip will be soldered next. Photo gallery updated.

AA3000+ Firebird Daughterboard assembled and programmed. Continuing to assemble the motherboard next.

18.01.2020 - 19.01.2020
All custom chips, CPU and FPU sockets and processors, SCSI and Kickstart sockets and chips, DSP processor, polymer capacitors, most of the connectors and other miscellaneous parts soldered. A few connectors left to install. After that the boards are ready for testing.

The boards have been fully assembled and passed the tests. The supplied Ramsey-07 was bad and gave all sorts of stability issues with A3640. After swapping the Ramsey-07 with another one, the board ran stable with the on-board 68030 and also with the A3640. The SuperDMAC-04 and Ramsey-07 got socketed in the process.

Photo gallery here.

Last edited:
Hi Hese,

I can't answer you privately because, you:

"has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space"

Back
Top Bottom