Offered Amiga hardware repair, restoration and upgrade service

The SX32s have been received and are working perfect again. Many thanks hese and I have left you some good feedback. :)

Last edited:
Received repaired A4000D. Very good repair quality and restoration. Hardware seems to work fine now. Positive feedback left. :)

Interesting in a 4000 motherboard repair, previous repaired battery leak, worked fine but now only boots to grey or green screen, sending PM

Hi, I have an Apollo 1230 just bought online but it arrived with a cracked edge connector. Are you able to repair this? :

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Many Thanks,
James.

Last edited:
Great work by Hese, brought my dead A1200 Mainboard back to live again. Thank you for the great service. Positive feedback left.

SirRush's hardware has been repaired and shipped back a while ago. Here's the report.

Cyberstorm PPC
The computer hung up when PPC software was run. The PPC CPU was faulty and has now been replaced with a working 400MHz CPU. The PPC was set to run at 390MHz (6*65MHz).

Amiga 4000T motherboard
The motherboard didn't boot, it had a few bent/ripped off pins that were repaired. The motherboard works again.

Amiga 4000D motherboard #1
The motherboard had a heat related graphics issue which has been fixed. The CPU slot had a bent pin which has been fixed. The power plug had corroded pins, the plug was replaced with a new one.

Amiga 4000D motherboard #2
The motherboard did not boot, the board had suffered from a battery leak. The battery damage was repaired. A broken trace near the Kickstart ROM sockets was repaired. A few components were missing at the power input area, the missing components have now been installed. The board had a bad oscillator which has been replaced. The board suffered from a heat related graphics issue which has been fixed. The old SIMM sockets were replaced with new ones and the board was recapped.

Picasso IV
The board was recapped with non-leaking polymer capacitors.

Here are links to the picture galleries.

Cyberstorm PPC repaired
Amiga 4000T repaired
Amiga 4000D #1 repaired
Amiga 4000D #2 repaired
Picasso IV recap

- - - Updated - - -

warr8or29's hardware has been repaired and sent back a while ago. Here's the report.

Cyberstorm MK3
The card did not boot. The 68060 socket made of pin strips was in a bad condition, several pins were either bent or completely detached from the BGA pads. The 68060 pin strip socket was removed and replaced with a custom made socket. The oscillator had been resoldered earlier and in the process some of the traces and vias had been damaged. The traces and vias have now been repaired. One of the vias was connected to an internal track and tracing that track too some detective work. The detached internal trace had to be repaired with a piece of very thin jumper wire. The board works again.

Cybervision 64/3D
The card displayed garbled mouse cursor. The issue has been fixed.

CD32 FMV Module
The FMV module produced image with bad colors. The module had been recapped earlier with through-hole capacitors and some of the pads were either missing or in bad condition. Some of the capacitors and other passive components were faulty. The broken pads have been repaired and module recapped with SMD capacitors. The faulty components have been replaced. The module produces image with proper colors again.

Amiga 1200 motherboard
The motherboard did not boot. The Alice chip was faulty and has now been replaced with a working one. Also the motherboard had issues with graphics (too bright colors) and that issue has also been fixed.

Here are links to the picture galleries.

Cyberstorm MK3 repaired
Cybervision 64/3D repaired
CD32 FMV Module repaired

Could you replace the memory on a BlizzardVision PPC for me please?

Amiga 2000

Amiga 2000

Interested in having an Amiga 2000 6.2 motherboard repaired as it does not recognise any Zorro cards

Interested in a set of (readily programmed) replacement GALs (25ns?) for U202, U203, U701 and U714 PALs for my A3000D.

Expressing interest in repairs of a CD32 with an audio problem and an A4000D with an unstable motherboard.

tohtoris' motherboards and A3640 card has been serviced and sent back. Both motherboards had defective custom chips that caused stability issues with certain hardware combinations. A3640 was recapped and speed upgraded.

Send my amiga a1200 for recap and replacement of the Alice chip. All fixed all good. Cheers

JAY22's Amiga 1200 motherboard has been fixed and was sent back today. The motherboard had a faulty Alice and leaked capacitors. The Alice was replaced with a working one, capacitor leak fixed and board recapped.

Marcus's A3000 PAL replacement chips were also sent today.

Back
Top Bottom