alan.turner

Blogger
Rating - 100%
115   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Guildford, Surrey
Brand new never used - it's a spare - can test if desired.

Be warned - packaging stinks of smoke - I don't smoke - came like that!

For sale elsewhere

£330 + pp and fees .

Thanks
c30ee278066cc1684a074d4567261099.jpg

730e62ffda288230e944ca06cfd3329e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Not expressing interest, just commenting. I hope they all don't come smelling of smoke. Mine is in the mail now and if it's like that I'm going to have to let them air out first. Any ideas what else that can be done to remove the smoke smell? Does the card look like there is residue on it? Do you think a scrub with isopropyl alcohol would help.

If it's because Majsta or someone else in his house smokes, I wish care had been taken to avoid this. Hopefully it's a one off and not every card is like that.

Hi sorry just to be clear the card is in perfect condition it's the outer packaging that smells mainly the sponge - I can remove it ... Actually I might do that to stop confusion
--

Update removed the sponge and plastic cover - card has a slight hint of smoke if you put your nose right up to it but nothing you will notice.

Last edited:
Interested if i can see it working... will even drive down from Nottinghamshire to collect ?

Yes no problem - want a video or see it in person! :)

Currently reserved elsewhere until Monday. Thanks

Cool so you just plug it in the 68k cpu slot? Do you know if you can still use accelerators in the cpu expansion bus while this is installed?

I don't know that one. Would there be much point in doing that? At best it would just replace the Vampire and there isn't an accelerator for the 2000 that's faster. Plus the IDE on the Vampire is probably faster than most, if not all, hard drive interfaces for the 2000.

You might want to try asking at the Apollo core forums for an answer from the people most capable of providing a meaningful answer.

Last edited:
I have mine in a 2000 - no point with another accelerator as it's fast as anything. I have a GVP scsi card for additional HDs and cd rom (note: the scsi cannot use scsi.device as it clashes with the vampire apparently) and xsurf with USB - all working perfectly since yesterday :)

Awesome. Thanks for your answers! Looks like you sold yours already. Can you boot from the sd card?

Awesome. Thanks for your answers! Looks like you sold yours already. Can you boot from the sd card?

Not yet, storage only and the driver for that is still beta but I haven't had any issues with it. They're working on it. Don't forget that it has an IDE connection too that is quite fast and with a Compact Flash card is right zippy.

This is my spare one - I still have one in my 2000 :)

For those that have this in a A2000, does it need anything else to make it fit, like a CPU riser? I finally got my order email so starting to make preparations :).

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

For those that have this in a A2000, does it need anything else to make it fit, like a CPU riser? I finally got my order email so starting to make preparations :).

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

No, I think it's just some models of CDTV and NTSC Amiga 1000s because of the daughter board.

Hi.

I'm interested, please count me next in line (don't know if someone is in line yet or not).

I would indeed like the card to be tested before sale.
I understand that the box stinks, but i guess not the card itself right?

Thanks.

Brand new never used - it's a spare - can test if desired.

Be warned - packaging stinks of smoke - I don't smoke - came like that!

For sale elsewhere

£330 + pp and fees .

Thanks
c30ee278066cc1684a074d4567261099.jpg

730e62ffda288230e944ca06cfd3329e.jpg

It's recommended to remove it as I have done

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom