Not open for further replies.

Hemdale

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Country
Nowhere
Region
Bavaria
Looking for a memory expansion for a C16.

I'm NOT looking for DIY memory expansion (i know, that i could replace some RAMs, cut different tracks and other crap, but in this case i'm NOT looking for a mod), i'm only talking about "official" ones:

• 16K Expansion (Kingsoft)
  • Commodore 16K RAM Pack Cartridge f. Expansionport (Ram Electronics Ltd.)
  • 64K RAM (Kingsoft)
  • 64K RAM Expansion (Golden Games)
  • 64K Cartridge (LINDY)
  • DELA C16 Expansion 64K
  • REX Datentechnik (9305) 64K
  • 64K RAM (Stonechip Electronics)
  • Jureks 64K Memory Expansion

Offers only with some infos and a price.

Last edited:
Looking for a memory expansion for a C16.

I'm NOT looking for DIY memory expansion (i know, that i could replace some RAMs, cut different tracks and other crap, but in this case i'm NOT looking for a mod), i'm only talking about "official" ones:

• 16K Expansion (Kingsoft)
  • Commodore 16K RAM Pack Cartridge f. Expansionport (Ram Electronics Ltd.)
  • 64K RAM (Kingsoft)
  • 64K RAM Expansion (Golden Games)
  • 64K Cartridge (LINDY)
  • DELA C16 Expansion 64K
  • REX Datentechnik (9305) 64K
  • 64K RAM (Stonechip Electronics)
  • Jureks 64K Memory Expansion

Offers only with some infos and a price.
I couldn't help but notice some of the expansions you are looking for come in the form of a cartridge. I urge you to read this post from a highly qualified electrical engineer on the Denial forum:
​It is possible to provide the C16 and C116 with 64K RAM, that gets handled correctly by the KERNAL. That expansion must be done internally. External RAM expansions don't play nice with the internal DRAMs and TED - they're playing tug of war with the bus signals.
From here: http://sleepingelephant.com/ipw-web/bulletin/bb/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=8795

In other words, it seems to me the mod you don't want is in fact the proper solution if you do not want to damage your C16.

Last edited:
Into C16 the 16K D-RAMs are mirrored 4 times covering all of 64K addressable: there isn't any "hole" where put extra RAM (as PLUS4 do)....
This make no possible any expansion of ram into the "RAM SPACE" without a motherboard modify, it's only possible to add external RAM into the space that is decoded as cartridge, normally the games ROMs space...

http://plus4world.powweb.com/hardware/64K-RAM_Speichererweiterung

Last edited:

Part of the rules that you agreed to when you joined AmiBay state the following
Bumping your thread:
'Bumping' is defined as posting in your For Sale or Wanted thread for the purpose of bringing it to the top of the list of most recent threads. Unless you have made a significant change to your thread you may only bump your post once every two weeks. A significant change, refers to a price change or any other relevant information that will be important to a buyer.

Please follow this rule in future.

Your thread will now be de-bumped

My last bump was on the 1. Feb. ... and today i bumped again ... 15. Feb. and after 14 days ... whats the problem? I always bumping my threads after at least 14 days and today i choosed all my threads last bumped at the 1. Feb.

Sorry, but i can't see any problem there ... i only have seen the 1. Feb. ...

Last edited:
Moderated threads are unseen by you and sometimes hard to spot for us :D

You can only see the 1st of Feb but you bumped your thread on the 11th Feb which had been moderated out but I missed the fact it had been moderated.

Well, i'm not without failures and i'm trying to follow the rules, but the 11. Feb was my mistake ... sorry.

Well, i'm not without failures and i'm trying to follow the rules, but the 11. Feb was my mistake ... sorry.

And me missing the moderated post was my mistake ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom