Sold JoyFi - a wireless adapter for joysticks (Amiga, C64, Atari)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is joyFi v1.0, a joystick-adapter that lets you play games using joysticks wireless-ly; hook the joysticks to the master-board, sit in a sofa 10 metres away from the slave-board that's connected to the computer, and play. No more hassle with cables. The unit has been tested successfully at 8 meters between the units, and in theory it should work up to 15 meters.

Guaranteed tested and confirmed 100% working on any Amiga, Atari and Commodore 64. The adapter should, in theory, work on VIC20 as well, but this has not yet been tested. This version has no support for mice or paddles.

The master board requires a 9V battery (not included).

279 SEK for an assembled unit, or 199 SEK for a kit which you solder yourself (instructions provided).
Worldwide shipping 38 SEK.

EDIT: There are 15 units left in stock (2017-04-28)

Hello!! this adapter work with amiga mouse??

@sony: As the last sentence in the second paragraph says; no.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

@klugman: yes, there are 14 left in stock.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Weiß jemand, wo man den JoyFi noch bekommt?
Bei ribit ist er ausverkauft...

Vielen Dank

I'm interested, do you have stock? would be the disassembled kit to Spain

Hi
Sorry for the absence of replies but Life happened, so I will write down a few notes here.

1. All JoyFi units are sold (a moderator can therefore mark this thread as "Sold").
2. Due to the high component costs and low interest of JoyFi (took over a year to sell 50 units), I decided earlier this year to not manufacture any more units.
3. When there were 2-3 units left, a fellow danish person wrote a remarkable fine review of the product (see http://www.breadbox64.com/blog/wireless-c64-joysticks/), which sparked new interest from buyers.
4. Together with the above note, I got flooded with emails asking me if I could re-stock JoyFi again, which made me reconsider to make it alive again.

So, here I am. Reconsidering bringing JoyFi back from the dead.

However, the original problem - which made me ditch the product - still remains; high component costs. This together with the fact that JoyFi needs to be redesigned (the v1.0 had some flaws) means that if - IF - I decide to make it live again, the cost will be higher than v1.0. I do not have all the data to give an exact cost estimate at this time, only that it will be higher.

But to be able to even think about bringing JoyFi back, I would need 10-12 persons willing to pay in advance so I atleast can bring 10-20 into stock with a small margin profit, so I later on can continue producing more units without getting a gaping hole in my wallet.

So, therefore: are there 10-12 people willing to pay in advance for JoyFi v2.0? If that's the case, I will sit down and make a cost estimate and get back shortly. Bear in mind, this can take several months. Expect an ETA of 6 months or so.

Cheers.

If it does not increase much of the version 1.0 I make the payment in advance.

I could prepay in advance for one assembled unit and wait what the cost involved with shipping (in GBP) by paypal? Perhaps could prepay for two dependant of price (shipping same for 2 x units?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom