AmiBayer
Blogger
Rating - 100%
205   0   0
Country
England-Shire, UK
Region
High Wycombe,UK
Regrettably passing on my lovely Acorn Atom. Not the one thecorfiot rebuilt for me some years ago, a better one. Still reasonably rare and desirable.

This has also had some love from Bas, which is why it’s the most stable Atom I’ve ever come across, boots cleanly. But it has to go :(:(:(:(:(

The price is £320 plus £10 insured UPS. UK only realistically. Preferred pickup from near High Wycombe as its relatively delicate.

This is what it is: lots of history in this beauty. 1980, so gulp it is 37 years old!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acorn_Atom

Lots in this one:

all ports and VIAs
Floating Point FP rom
AtomMMC rom
Atom MMC interface (so it shift-break boots into a games /program archive menu, as if it has a hard drive)
Joystick port wired to the Dutch Atom standard
Several old sockets replaced by new
All keys present and correct, and work

32k ram expansion
Prime’s 5.x colour card
Ooh and a BBC RGB scart lead
MMC interface fitted internally

MMC card
Extremely clean
5v modded so runs cool
Modern 5V psu
external switch/AND the correct sized power extender plug
Spare original power socket for board (rocking horse poo)

The pics shows the sd card full of games, these will of course be wiped (to meet site rules) but the archive is easy to find and add (I can advise)

There is a decent Atom scene and the archive is regularly updated, includes manic miner demo etc and even an elite demo. There’s also, astonishingly, a possibility to add a BBC FPGA 6502 and z80 co pro with a tube board. I have the boards for these, these could go to buyer at price I paid for them (not much) if they are still available at time of sale.

Any questions please ask, will list elsewhere.

IMG_6147.jpgIMG_6160.jpgIMG_6163.jpgIMG_6171.jpg
IMG_6184.jpgIMG_6188.jpgIMG_6185.jpg
IMG_6166.jpgIMG_6183.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_6162.jpg
    IMG_6162.jpg
    196.6 KB · Views: 3
I would like to buy your Acorn Atom and possibly the extra you have aswell. Could you message me ASAP. Could collect today. Regards Blazzzing.

Hi,

You need to state 'interested' or you could be jumped. I've sent a pm, cheers!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom