Amiga 500+ Project Red

hese

AmiBayer
Country
Finland
Region
Savo
This thread is about Amiga 500+ Project Red motherboards. Project Red is a near replica of the original A500+ rev 8A motherboard, done by Scrat and Matze. More info at A1k.org forum (http://www.a1k.org/forum/showthread.php?t=57552). A500+ Project Red motherboards were sold as group buy DIY kits at A1k.org on November 2016. After some waiting I received my kit on late April 2017. This is the story of one of the motherboards.

The kit contained the motherboard PCB, a full set of components, Amiga custom chips, 1MB memory expansion DIY kit and video hybrid module DIY kit with S-Video support. I also ordered PLCC to DIL adapter kits for some of the Amiga custom chips for future project.

The assembly was begun by soldering the axial resistors and capacitors. After that all the ICs, sockets, emi filters and resistor networks. Next the electrolytic capacitors and finally all the connectors and other miscellaneous components.

Next the video hybrid module was assembled.

And finally the 1MB memory expansion card.

The A500+ Project Red motherboard was finished and ready to be fired up for the first time.

Seems to be working fine.

Indeed!

Thanks to all the people at A1k.org who made this project possible. Scrat and Matze for the A500+ Project Red motherboard, ARabbit for organizing the group buy, crasbe for the video hybrid module and Amigafuture1000 for the 1MB memory expansion.

Last edited:
Thanks for the comments (y)

is it possible to order a board. ?

The group buy has ended and the organizers said that they aren't going to do another run of DIY kits due to lack of some components (custom chips, DB23 connectors?). But apparently they may still have a few blank PCBs left. You could ask them on A1k forum.

Back
Top Bottom