RiscOs 4.32
Strongarm 233MHz Prozessor
128MB Ram
10GB HD
x86 card, now installed Windows 95
Ethernet Card
Floppy and CdRom
Keyboard and Mouse.

Removed the battery, everything is in good condition.

Price: 250 Euro plus shipping

975_1280499360.jpg 975_509930810.jpg 975_1956896893.jpg 975_1389485964.jpg 975_220455740.jpg

Can you post a close-up of the removed battery area ?
Is it an early board, or one with 16bit sound ?
What rev is the SA daughterboard ?
Are you sure it's not RO 4.39 ? Have you got the accompanying CD ?
Can you verify the hard drive and report if it's got any errors ?

I see it's got VRAM : how much ? 1 or 2 Mbytes ? You shouldn't read 128 Mbytes RAM : try to remove the VRAM and replug it, the amount of RAM will be added to the 128 Mbytes DRAM.

What model is the PC card ?

How much would you charge to France ?

Thanks in advance.

Declaring interest (option) depending on your answers to purchase the machine.

Last edited:
Hi Archimedes,

as I am no expert it will take a while to get all your required informations.
I will try to post them as soon as possible.

Last edited:
Everything is either written on the boards or reported by the machine.
The CD ROM is important if you want to install a new hard drive and install some system files.
For the VRAM it's a matter of unpluggin + replugging (the VRAM is the RAM in the slot, plugged at a 90° angle).
When you'll swith on the machine it'll report either 129 Mbytes or 130 Mbytes depending of the amount of VRAM you've got (but it's written on the VRAMM boad anyway).

Forthe sound : press F12,type STATUS then ENTER and you'll see some infos about the sound system : it'll report either 8 bits or 16 bits.
8 bit sound has been discontinued by Acorn very soon and there's 95% chances your machine has built in 16 bit sound.

To verify the hard drive : middle mouse button on its icon (bottom left on the icon bar) and choose : guess what ? Yes --> Verify ah ah.

Hope this helps.
Nice system you've got here.

Last edited:
Thank you for the hints.
I will be able to take a look tomorrow or friday and give you the results.

Hi,

I'd hereby like to express interest regardless of the items to be clarified by the previous posts.
So next in line or hopefully first :)

cheers

I think it will become saturday, not much time these days :)
Joolz, it would save some work for me, but Archimedes was first... sorry by now...
So we'll see :)

Understood, maybe he'd be willing to give in and let it go - apparently he already has one.
@Archimedes: please be kind :roll:

So, I got news earlier than I thought...

The system is 4.39
Ram: 130MB
Sound is 16 Bit
CD Rom is working
Verifying...

Please see photos.

IMG_2204.jpg IMG_2205.jpg

When I am workin with this machine I regret having thrown it on the market :-(
But I want to concentrate on my Amigas.

I just have time to send the package saturday morning till noon, then I will be on vacations till next wednesday.
As the Machine is rather heavy shipping to EU will be 30 Euro insured till 100 Euro or
50 Euro insured till 520 Euro.
Paypal only.

What about the PC card ?
It's written on it : just read what 486 or 586 CPU is used and its frequency ...

OK forget this query.
I'll have it anyway.
I believe the 'oversampled 16 bit' means in fact it's an early board with 8 bit sound only, but I'll have to check, and I've got some spare 16 bit add-on boards anyway.
Sending money now if you already sent me your PP address ...

Last edited:
Payment sent.
Please pack everything very well : a parcel inside a bigger one is the best solution.
Thanks in advance.
I'm not in a hurry to get it, I want to make sure it'll be in great shape when I receive it.

For other people interested by RISC PCs ... check on EBay : these machines are not expensive, as most people don't understand yes they are fully compatable with the Archimedes software : if some patches are sometimes needed, they are anyway all available online.
If I bought this machine it's because all the PC side is installed, and none of my RPCs had that.

Once you've bought your RPC, join us on the stardot forum : helpul and very skilled people will help you.

Xavier.
Zarchos on *.

Payment received by Archimedes, thank you!
Xavier, the shipment will be insured until 100 Euros.

The machine is sold, I will try to ship it tomorrow or wednesday carefully packed.

Last edited:
Received today.
Was disappointed at 1st because after opening it, recleaning everything,
I booted it up and it had only 64 Mbytes of RAM, but after unplugging the DRAM and VRAM modules and replugging everything it works just fine.
Excellent packaging, thanks !
A very serious seller, leaving positive evaluation right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom