• Start date
  • Replies 4
  • Views 1855
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Cozzer79

Hi all,

I have a BPPC with SCSI, and a BVPPC - the BPPC appears in good order, but when the BVPPC is attached it does not boot. I have a good PSU, and the 5V line is stable at 4.77V when everything is connected, including on the BVPPC. This behaviour agrees with what the previous owner of the BPPC stated, but the board has since been worked on - it's now running a Rev 6 060 with the original heatsink on the PPC.

I don't currently have a working fan for the PPC, but I would assume that someone capable of working on the cards would likely have one whilst working on it.

I'm thinking this might be a job for stachu100!

Best,

Colin

Deal agreed with Colin (in October - vacation time + other projects that needs to be finished).

Just as a quick update to this so I don't have to try to remember when the time comes. Possibly unrelated, but the fan power connector does not supply enough current to power the fan - it's a steady 4.77V with the PSU I'm using, but in series with the fan reads only 1.1mA. Using a bench 5V 1A PSU, the fan fires up without issue and reads 198mA.

Hopefully related to the issues it has with a BVPPC... :) (Maybe not though...)

My BPPC and BVPPC are on their way to Stan (y) along with the RAM I'm using, and the cable for the BVPPC (should make testing easier!)

Received yesterday, and tested today - absolutely perfect :D Positive feedback on its way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom