Thread: Samsung laser printer not recognising toner cartridges!

vB Guru AmiDev
    Administrator
    Country
    UK
    Region:
    Chichester / West Sussex
    Feedback
    51 (100%)

Default Samsung laser printer not recognising toner cartridges!

I hope someone has an idea how to fix this.

I've got a Samsung Xpress C1860FW all in one colour laser printer.

It's been brilliant up to now, however I had a paper jam so opened the paper tray and back door, but then had to also slide out the toner cartridge tray to get the paper out. When I slide the toner tray back in the printer performed all is checks and then threw up errors saying all 3 of the colour toners were not compatible! Only the black remains recognised. It obviously won't let me print, not even in B/W.

This is a bit of a nightmare because each toner cartridge costs around 50 and they were all still over 50% full, so have over 1000 pages left in each. I really don't want to waste 150 buying new cartridges in the hope it will work again.

Any ideas how to get the printer to recognise the toner cartridges again?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    Coming soon - ..
    =====================================
    C= Amiga: A4000T/PPC/060, | A1200 x2 | A600 x2 | A500 & Plus x6 | CD32
    Atari:
    520 STFM | 4160 STE | 2600 Woody || Nintendo: Wii | GCN | N64 + Everdrive | SNES + Everdrive | SNES Mini | GB | GBA | DS-XL
    Sega
    : Dreamcast | Megadrive + Everdrive || Microsoft: Xbox x2 | Xbox 360 Slim 250GB || Sony: PSX | PS2 | PS2slim | PS3 slim | PSP x2 | Vita

PC:
    i7 4GHz, 32GB Ram, GTX 970, SSD | + many other PCs and Laptops ||Tablet: Samsung Galaxy TabPro 10.1 ||
    Phone: Samsung S8

Country
    Germany
    Region:
    Nordrhein Westfalen
    Feedback
    79 (100%)

There's a small circuit board at the end of the toner cartridge with 4 gold contacts. These make contact with pins inside the printer. If they aren't making good contact or are dirty, it will cause such errors. Make sure they are clean and that the pins inside aren't blocked by a stray piece of paper.

Bryce.

vB Guru AmiDev
    Administrator
    Country
    UK
    Region:
    Chichester / West Sussex
    Feedback
    51 (100%)

I've checked the contacts on the carts already. I haven't checked the pins inside the printer yet. Will do that. Might also try cleaning the contacts with some isopropyl.

Something must of happened when I pulled the cartridge slot out then back in. There are contact scratch marks on the cartridge gold contacts. I wonder if they are not allowing good contact?

Coming soon - ..
    Atari:
    520 STFM | 4160 STE | 2600 Woody || Nintendo: Wii | GCN | N64 + Everdrive | SNES + Everdrive | SNES Mini | GB | GBA | DS-XL
    Sega
    : Dreamcast | Megadrive + Everdrive || Microsoft: Xbox x2 | Xbox 360 Slim 250GB || Sony: PSX | PS2 | PS2slim | PS3 slim | PSP x2 | Vita

PC:
    i7 4GHz, 32GB Ram, GTX 970, SSD | + many other PCs and Laptops ||Tablet: Samsung Galaxy TabPro 10.1 ||

Country
    Germany
    Region:
    Nordrhein Westfalen
    Feedback
    79 (100%)

You may even have bent or damaged one of the pins?

Bryce.

vB Guru AmiDev
    Administrator
    Country
    UK
    Region:
    Chichester / West Sussex
    Feedback
    51 (100%)

I doubt any pins are bent. They look chunky and robust. The cartridges sit in a pull out tray and are each dropped into slot, one behind thy other and the whole thing then slide in, so not much should go wrong.

I'm going to power it down over the weekend and look properly with a torch.

Coming soon - ..
    Atari:
    Sega

PC: