Closed PSU for Commodore 64

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you can find one, I would recommend a 1764 REU PSU. It can be used as a C64 PSU, however it is more powerful and much more reliable (it is basically a C128 PSU with a C64 plug). Alternatively, if you do not mind a bit of soldering, you can replace the plug on a C128 PSU.

I was lucky to find a NOS 1764 PSU which I am now using for my 64s and I have also made adapter cables so I can use it with my C128 and Plus/4 as well.

Here's how it looks:
http://www.nightfallcrew.com/wp-content/gallery/commodore-64-ram-expansion-reu-1764/IMG_6498.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you for informations.

You are right, I had to write it better :)

My friend gave me the old C64C with bricked PSU. So I need working PSU to revive this beauty. I do not care about the type, but it has to work. Anyone?

Why not repair it ? The 9vAC is still working I am sure. You can prise open the case and put a UBEC in (2$) for you 5vDC. Alternatively splice open the cable and feed in 5vDC (say a MeanWell transformer). 3rd choice, take a bench PSU and modify it:

The cost of posting a C64 PSU makes it simply uneconomic.

PSU is not working at all. Friend dropped the box to the ground when he carried it to me (you can see it on picture) and there is no voltage output from PSU after that accident :(

IMG_8664.JPG

Yes, fuses (in C64 and PSU) are OK. I will bring PSU to my electromechanic friend and maybe he will find anf fix problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom