Closed Weller Desoldering Station, in working condition - £200 price wise

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElectroBlaster

Rating - 96.4%
27   1   0
Country
Exeter, Devon
I am looking for a Weller Desoldering Station, for around £200 in good working condition.

It does not have to be Weller but I do not want a Duratool!
Cant afford Hakko :(

Please pm why.

Depending on how much desoldering you need to do, there are some good lowcost devices available. I have a ZD-915 that has worked fine for several years. They cost less than €90.

Bryce.

Depending on how much desoldering you need to do, there are some good lowcost devices available. I have a ZD-915 that has worked fine for several years. They cost less than €90.

Bryce.

I have one but it has never filled me with confidence! I bought it new back in 2014. Almost from the get go I had to mess about getting it into working condition.
The internal fan failed within months and the gun had to be rebuilt. It also works fine one minute and then wont for no reason at all.

Maybe I was just unlucky...

As for soldering work, I need to take a Yamaha RM1x and replace every single button, tactile switch and potentiometer. I need a desoldering station that will work 100%.

I have a ZD-915 that has worked fine for several years. They cost less than €90.

He did say....

It does not have to be Weller but I do not want a Duratool!

I also have one too, they are great and cheap. Reminds me of Trigger's broom lasting over 20 years from Only Fools and Horses as I've been through 2 guns, 7 tips, 100s of filters and it's still working fine.

The ZD-915 isn't a Duratool device. Or do Farnell rebadge the ZD-915?

Bryce.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom