GoldenGate vortex 386

cugar124

Country
England
Region
Norfolk
Hi Guys
OK trying to get my newest card to work and need some help please!!

Its the Goldengate 386 board its seen in which Amiga as the Goldengate 386 and the Memory is seen too 4mb, but when I launch setup it just sits there

Tim has told me to run shell and type CPU NOCACHE and goto system and it Nofastmem but same result

I am using classic workbench could this be apart of it?

AL

Hi Keropi
Tried the link and it wont redirect thank you for coming to my aid though

Seems Mediafire wont work something to do with security

AL

Last edited:
weird, it works fine for me... good thing wmsteele mirrored it :D
let us know if it helped cugar124 !

your link worked for me too keropi

Ive grabbed the file too if it helps saving me from having to type NOCache every time lol

I am using classic workbench could this be apart of it?

AL

I'm using ClassicWB too so don't think that's the issue

Last edited:
Thanks guys going to work through with a fresh install and see how it works out

Hi buddy nope got the original thank you are you with the card which was a shock LOL?

Its in english german and french i might be able too scan it but its 360 pages plus lol

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

yes I've heard its big, but I'm not greedy I only need the English bit :ROTFLOL2:

- - - Updated - - -

how you getting on with your board anyway

Hi Tim Not a problem will scan it for you at some point board is seen in whichamiga shows both the vortex 386 and vortex 4mb ram but nothing from the software yet

GoldenGate vortex 386

Strange

One thing though I don't have the jumper selected for the 4mb to be seen by the Amiga, it got enough memory so I let the PC Card use it

ba3d28e9c701b07c239b2c9b74577f66.jpg

The only problem I'm having is getting windows 95 CD version to work

I can install windows 95 but it always freezes when it gets to a certain point after it been installed

Last edited:
Well I got a little bit further with windows 95, now it does not freeze but just stays with the windows 95 splash screen scrolling bar still moving but no HD activity

what I did was changed the CDRom Driver, so I'm starting to think it may be a conflict with the CD Rom Drive and the goldengate

I say this because what I have read, states that people can install windows 95 floppy version with no problem so still pushing with this

cugar124
have you got any further with your 386 goldengate

HI Tim
a little now I have a flashing LED but still locks up with digger program failed

Ok what other cards do you have installed in your Amiga

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

and in what amiga you have it installed cugar124? in my A4000s the GG486 would only boot from the top slot

ps.
I wouldn't really bother with win95+goldengate, even if you have the 486slc2 version it will be dead slooooow to use. Better stick with 3.11 if you plan to use windows stuff.

Last edited:
keropi is absolutely right! Windows 95 on Bridgeboards is only wasted time! Yes, you can boot it but that's all! ;)

I'm just trying to do the cd version because I don't think it's been done yet lol it just a challange for me ha ha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom