Use Ratte Switch in Amiga 500

Knight94

Country
United States
Region
Iowa
Maybe this has been asked before. But my search has not turned up anything.

Can someone tell me if the Ratte switch can be used with the A500. Thinking of adding a Ratte switch to mine if possible. The only issue I see is the CIA chip. Can someone confirm my thoughts?

Cheers!

You can use it but what kind of an A500 is this?

The signal from the CIA chip is just a way to automate the switching, as long as you wire it to the correct pin you'll be OK.
Alternatively you can connect it externally to the parallel port.
If you want to use the switch in manual mode, you don't even need the CIA/parallel port connection.

This is the know-how thread.

Thanks for the link.

I have an A500 standard rev 6a board, with a DKB megachip, vampire II, indivision ECS, and a DF0/DF1 switch. I would like to auto run it internally off of the CIA chip. Just not sure which pins on the CIA chip I need to attach. And to which CIA chip I need to use. I will do some research in the link. Hopefully that will tell me. Otherwise I will use the parrallel port connection.

The Ratte Auto Monitor Switch can be used in an Amiga 500. You can do the cable yourself of buy one from me. Instead of the PLCC that you bought you will need a DIL version. I can send you the pinout if you want.

The Ratte Auto Monitor Switch can be used in an Amiga 500. You can do the cable yourself of buy one from me. Instead of the PLCC that you bought you will need a DIL version. I can send you the pinout if you want.

Yes please if you would

I am using yours for my A600. I bought another one off of here (amibay) to use with the A500.

Hi again,

I found one spare so if you are interested, please send a PM.

Back
Top Bottom