Package not received

b00mer

Country
Slovenia
Region
Maribor
Hi,

I bought retro gear from the respectable seller. I received PayPal message that the package is on its way, tracking number included. Few days ago, being curious where the package is, I checked the tracking and saw that the package was supposedly delivered days ago (when no one was home). I informed the seller about the matter few days ago but I haven't received reply yet. I know, it's summer season, holidays, etc., but I really don't want to be late with complaint. What would you do? File PayPal dispute? Call the courier who has supposedly delivered the package? Wait for the seller? This is the first time something like this has happened.

Thanks

Were there any identifying details in the tracking service? It could be that there was a typo in the tracking code and that was actually another package.

You could probably ask the courier first. I think Paypal gives you a pretty long time to raise a complaint (60 days? please check first, I'm not certain).

You have 180 days to file a complaint.

Once I had a massive parcel on my doorstep in the street. The courier forged my neighbours signature too.

To me it seems logical to investigate with the courier first. That's what I would do, at least.

Call the forwarder (courier) - it can save a lot of bad blood and most probably resolve the problem faster than anything else. I once had a similar situation and it occurred that the delivery guy left the parcel in the nearby shop, where it waited for me to eventually find somehow out that this was the case. The company should be able to tell you who signed off the delivery if it wasn't you.

Thank you for your opinions. I will speak to the courier tomorrow, I was reluctant to do so in case I might say something stupid that the regular package insurance will not cover, and rather leave this to the more experienced seller. This was commercial business not our Amibay trade.

I am not blaming the seller, however I think it is seller's responsibility to handle issues with shipping, because the seller is the user and buyer of the courier service.

I hope it is really something as simple as the package waiting in the nearby shop (for a week!), in which case it is better that I handle this.

Ah, if it is indeed a business that you are dealing with, then it is their responsibility to get the item to you. I assumed that you meant another private person here on AmiBay.

"
I checked the tracking and saw that the package was supposedly delivered days ago (when no one was home).
"
Same happened to me few months ago.
Courier delivered package under wrong address. None bothered that signature wasn't mine... Delivered means delivered. Hopefully I was able to call the courier and good for seller (and me), the courier managed to fix it.
And I've got my parcel.

Conclusion: try courier company first.

Courier has just sent me my forged signature. :( Lucky, I was abroad and can prove it (Guns 'N Roses concert), but I am still worried about the outcome.

Back
Top Bottom