68k to A2000 CPU Slot Adapters

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did everything you asked and I am sorry if I failed to do something or overlooked it. I didnt rename this board? I named it exactly what was on the original silkscreen as seen here.

I think once the current batch of boards is out I will not re order them. I am not making much at all on them and the only reason I even started doing them was to help out a lot of people that asked for them. Thats why I shipped free now and just added on a bit to cover parts and packing supplies with the postage.

As far as not finishing the boards, in the begining it was strictly for Vampire owners wanting it, and I wanted to keep the cost as low as possible.

I am trully sorry this got so out of hand. I thought for sure putting your name on every board the way I did and making sure all photos showing it were what you wanted done for the credit. Please accept my apology.

Last edited:
No problems, apology accepted when you tone down the font on the first post. i have no problem with people making and distributing, just as i said a simple acknowledgement

just red last pages of this topic, and feelin guilty about what is happened. Please let me add some explanations. At least it's the minimum, what i can do:
It was me, who wrote a message to Brian. Actually, i was confused. As his nickname is clearly seen on the board Acill offers - i was under impression Brian has opened sources for this adapter, so i have kindly asked him, does he really did it, and if so - where can i download gerber files...

I do understand why Brian is ****ed of: selling a board with person's nick on it without letting know about - is not the best way to go. You see, Brian has created and sold so many boards, adapters and parts for Amiga that he's nick became a brand, and it guarantees perfect working quality. That's true. Every Amiga user knows he's name, right?

In other hand - i think i understand what Acill meant by putting "Kipper2k" on the board - he just wanted to let us know: it is the intellectual property of Brian.. At least i'd like to hope so..
Didn't really expected this will escalate so high, please accept my apologies for both sides.
with respect,

-Viktor

just red last pages of this topic, and feelin guilty about what is happened. Please let me add some explanations. At least it's the minimum, what i can do:
It was me, who wrote a message to Brian. Actually, i was confused. As his nickname is clearly seen on the board Acill offers - i was under impression Brian has opened sources for this adapter, so i have kindly asked him, does he really did it, and if so - where can i download gerber files...

I do understand why Brian is ****ed of: selling a board with person's nick on it without letting know about - is not the best way to go. You see, Brian has created and sold so many boards, adapters and parts for Amiga that he's nick became a brand, and it guarantees perfect working quality. That's true. Every Amiga user knows he's name, right?

In other hand - i think i understand what Acill meant by putting "Kipper2k" on the board - he just wanted to let us know: it is the intellectual property of Brian.. At least i'd like to hope so..
Didn't really expected this will escalate so high, please accept my apologies for both sides.
with respect,

-Viktor

Victor,
Before I even started this thread I asked Kipper if it was okay through a mutual friend of ours and was told it was as long as I left his name in the design so he would get the credit for it. Thats why it was on there and its also why I asked. I didnt want to redesign another one when he made this one and it worked well. I am glad he released the files. I will more than likely step away from these. I dont like using China board houses and having them made here in the USA is getting to be expensive. I have zero room to risk any defects on them at the price I sell them with shipping, so if someone else wants to make them from Chinese boards its great that they can now do it.

I only have about 15 left I can build if anyone is still interested in them. I will be happy to assemble any for others if they want to send me parts as long as they cover the shipping to them, which is half the cost of the $35 I charge.

Declaring interest

Declaring interest

Declaring interest on one [h=2]Vampire V2 500 to A2000 CPU Slot Adapters[/h]
Sending PM

Thanks guys,
Boards will go out friday. I am out of town this week and return on the 8th. I have several ready to go.

All orders paid or up to this post have been shipped. Thank you for the continued support. I am leaving for Europe on the 20th for holiday. If you are interested in one please contact me for payment at least by the 18th.

If your in the Naples Italy area from the 22nd to the 30th I can hand deliver it! I will be in Rome on Christmas eve and Christmas day for Services at the Vatican as well.

Last edited:
SpeedD408 and Belial: Both shipped today with tracking sent in a PM. Have a Merry Christmas.

Any others looking for one before I leave for holiday I can get it out as long as payment is made before Dec 19th.

Last edited:
Hi,

Are there any boards left?

Sorry I tried to PM but I am too new a member. As a matter of fact Isigned up as I was pointed here and recommended your board by 'eightbit.'

I have a Vampire 500 v2+ on the way and Eightbit said your board was the tops!

Any chance you could PM me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom