Rating - 100%
205   0   0
Country
England-Shire, UK
Region
High Wycombe,UK
Hello

selling on an stm Atari st 512

The stm model didn't have the floppy drive built in, as one of the earliest. It's got 512K ram so will run most games, this is a cheap way into st, just hook up a hxc floppy emulator to the rear port ( I'll give you the diagram) or a gotek with hxc software, boot your stm from a menu ( I'll pass on a link) and select one of thousands of disks...

its the st unit Only and psu. £25 plus postage. Uk only.

yes it is blue.

Attachments

• IMG_7810.jpg
    IMG_7810.jpg
    202.8 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
I suppose you made a typo there, i guess what you meant was 512k instead of 512mb? Good luck with your sale anyway. (y)

if you agree to a signed for service, please will you pm me your address so i can check costs. it'll take a me a week to arrange boxes. cheers!

HXC > ST instructions for Adam

this ST looks to the external port for its boot drive. i think I assumed drive 0 was pin 5.. if it doesnt work first time, check the hxc is powered off then experiment! if you map up the obvious ones then you find you have the entire top row covered and one or two that then seem clear, I forgot one or two but google found it quickly. You'll really want to get a ST>floppy cable, or solder wires to the inside of the plug socket.. or solder the correct sized pins to a bunch of jumper wires and hook it up that way.

The 5v and 0v fly-leads I mentioned are just tacked on, these are always on so you may want to reposition those so they are switched.

The other this is that on the HXC IDC pins, I only had to hook 1 of the entire bottom row to ground. I used the last pin and it worked fine.

Screen Shot 2017-06-11 at 20.03.52.png
Screen Shot 2017-06-11 at 20.04.04.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom