Thread: Check you Warranty

Country
    UK
    Region:
    St.Helens
    Feedback
    64 (100%)

Thumbs down Check you Warranty

People need to check what is covered by a warranty from Amiga kit I have found they pick and choose, I got something in January this year its gone faulty but they say that fault is not covered...I`ll not use them again.

Rant over flame away.

Country
    England
    Region:
    South Shields
    Feedback
    203 (100%)

What was it you bought? or is that a secret?
    A1260T@66/64MB | Large console stash
    Step by step video guide to setup WinUAE

Country
    UK
    Region:
    St.Helens
    Feedback
    64 (100%)

No Secret it was a floppy disk drive that just would not keep in a disk, warranty seals still in tack now of no use to me so I`ve not disk drive....I`ll not use amigakit again.

Quote Originally Posted by -Acid- View Post
    What was it you bought? or is that a secret?

Country
    England
    Region:
    South Shields
    Feedback
    203 (100%)

Amigakit are taking a right bashing lately.... mostly due to the waiting times on orders but this is the first time i've heard of them not honouring warranties
    A1260T@66/64MB | Large console stash
    Step by step video guide to setup WinUAE

Commercial Vendor www_amigakit_com's Avatar
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region:
    Cardiff
    Feedback
    6 (100%)

Megamix, as we stated on the support ticket, we are *not* stating there is no warranty on the drive. We simply do not know if it a warranty case yet before seeing the drive and we have asked you to return it to us. We tried to call you to explain this further but you did not answer at the time- we left a voice message for you.

From what you have described, it maybe that the upper carriage of the drive mechanism has become dislodged from the bottom section and collapsed. But this is speculation at this point because we need to review the fault first.

- - - Updated - - -

@-Acid-

You can be reassured we honour warranties on our products if there is a manufacturing defect.
    www.amigakit.com Amiga Computer Store

Country
    UK
    Region:
    St.Helens
    Feedback
    64 (100%)

Not that I want to drag this in to the public, but I did state I was using the drive to in quarterback my workbench for 1992, also stated the warranty seals are still in place, I got the drive in Jan this year and now this fault has happened, its only October I`d say that should be well covered (10mth old)as its not like I took it apart and broken it!
    You have not followed your own T&C as
    in
    "If an item is faulty under warranty, please contact Customer Support as soon as possible providing a detailed and full description of problem and we will issue a Returns Authorisation Number*."

Please Note: We cannot receive any product back unless it is still under warranty and we have issued a Returns Authorisation Number (R.A.N).

Quote Originally Posted by www_amigakit_com View Post
    Megamix, as we stated on the support ticket, we are *not* stating there is no warranty on the drive. We simply do not know if it a warranty case yet before seeing the drive and we have asked you to return it to us. We tried to call you to explain this further but you did not answer at the time- we left a voice message for you.

From what you have described, it maybe that the upper carriage of the drive mechanism has become dislodged from the bottom section and collapsed. But this is speculation at this point because we need to review the fault first.
    Last edited by Megamix; 14th October 2017 at 23:55.

Commercial Vendor www_amigakit_com's Avatar
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region:
    Cardiff
    Feedback
    6 (100%)

Send it back with the PDF returns form (which we provided in the ticket containing RMA number) and we can inspect the drive and report back to you our observations. Did you receive our voice mail message to call us?
    www.amigakit.com Amiga Computer Store

Country
    UK
    Region:
    St.Helens
    Feedback
    64 (100%)

Yes received you voice mail but it was inaudible and broken up, Ive just checked the ticket and the PDF and ticket and RAN number has now shown up...
    I will post it back to you.

Quote Originally Posted by www_amigakit_com View Post
    Send it back with the PDF returns form (which we provided in the ticket containing RMA number) and we can inspect the drive and report back to you our observations. Did you receive our voice mail message to call us?