.. . Mouse . ..
Country
UK
Region
Wirral
My Eagle addiction continues:

Apple2Atari.png
Apple2Atari (see what I did there?)

Another day, another design... This time an attempt to overcome the seeming lack of available Apple II joysticks at a sensible price. Let's make the Apple II accept Atari type joysticks. It's also nice to have a wider selection of sticks to waggle, and while analogue types are great for many things you can't beat a digital stick.
This board is about as small / simple as I could make it. Plug one side in to the Apple II joy port, plug an Atari type stick in to the other and Bob's your significant other...

It should work with most Apple II games that usually support a joystick
No, I can't claim the concept is mine
I've not, as yet, tested it!

Attachments

• Apple2Atari.zip
    111.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
A quick update on this little project:
protek very kindly soldered up a couple of these adapters for me, and mine arrived this am for testing... lovely job. :)

Sadly it's not working as I hoped (ie: not at all) so I guess I have a bit of debugging to do. If anyone's interested in this design don't go making any boards yet!

If anyone has suggestions or theories I'd appreciate some advice - I'd swear this thing should work as intended.

hi charlie

ive got an atari to apple2 adaptor cable. plugs in the internal paddle socket. I never made that wrk either, load up bruce lee and he just ducks/ goes hard left. thats a moulded/ factory effort so maybe its the game type and not the interface? I never found out :(

if you've not sorted it before milton keynes, you can borrow the 2 analog sticks I have and the atari thing to check over. np :)

Last edited:
Now that could be very helpful indeed. Thanks!

Charlie, Why don't you come to Milton Keynes my friend, We would all love to meet you

;)

Blush:
It's my every intention to come, than'ks very much. I need to have a look at the more social parts of Amibay to see what I need to do to sign up.

Back
Top Bottom