Closed Fatal Encounter - fighting game for IBM-PC (DOS), 1993, released in Australia

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeathAdderSF

Never let dreams die!
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Country
USA
Region
San Diego, California
Hello.

Fatal Encounter, released in Australia in 1993, is a DOS fighting game.
It is the official English version of Super Fighter, complete with English box and manual.

It would seem this game is quite rare. I know for certain it was released, as I am in contact with the game's producer who confirmed this. As well, an Australian who had bought the game for his son was kind enough to send me a copy of the game data, with copy protection intact. Unfortunately, he had discarded the box and instructions years prior. :Doh:

I am the current IP holder of Super Fighter / Fatal Encounter, and this game means a lot to me since childhood. It's very important to me that I'm one day able to own an original copy of the Australian release. To this end I will pay a fair price for a complete copy. Please get in touch if you can help.

Thanks!

EDIT: As of Nov. 4, 2022, I have obtained a complete copy of the game in great condition. This thread may now, finally, be closed.

Last edited:
Am still after Fatal Encounter for PC. Will pay a good price. Please get in touch!

I reeeeeeally want this game.
Please get in touch if you have it.

Am still seeking Fatal Encounter. (The game, not a deathwish.)
Help me out if you can, thx.

Yep, here we go again. Please get in touch if you can help w/this, thanks.

Hello, all. I'm still very much wishing to own a copy of this product.
Please get in touch if you can help, thanks!

Here's a(n unflattering) review of Fatal Encounter from Megazone Magazine, thoughtfully provided by a kind Australian citizen. Not only is it a good addition to my "press collection," it lends credence to the fact that the game was indeed released in Australia: which may, for some people, be more convincing than my assurances alone.

Best case scenario, someone sees the review and goes, "Oh yeah! I bought that back in the day!" and digs it out for me. Fingers crossed. :)

Click image for larger version  Name:	Fatal Encounter review - Megazone Magazine (Issue 31, September, 1993).jpg Views:	0 Size:	98.4 KB ID:	2436181

Last edited:
I finally have a photo of the retail product to share. If any of you have this in your collection... please sell it to me? 🥺

fatalencounter.jpg

I've finally obtained the game, this thread may finally be closed. :cool:

Attachments

• fatalenc.jpg
    fatalenc.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 7
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom