Not open for further replies.

V-12

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Country
Poland
Region
Zachodniopomorskie
Are You a happy owner of a brand new Commodore 64C case pressed from original molds (available previously on kickstarter and now at Individual Computers)? Are you missing keyboard brackets in your beloved C64C or the brackets are corroded and needs to be replaced? This is offer exactly for you.

I'm offering brand new keyboard brackets! Made with a care to have as close as possible copy according to original ones.

From now we are offering two variations of brackets: for short and for long motherboard.

[ADDED] These brackets matches short C64C motherboard, MK2 and incoming ULTIMATE-64* board. We are ready to project special brackets for long motherboards, but we need more declarations.

* - from what I have known, the original sized right bracket may be slightly problematic with Ultimate-64 board without adjusting. For having no problems you have to move the right bracket to the left and install it with the 2nd left hole of the keyboard. Next you have to put something under to reduce free space between bracket and down part of C64C case. We will think about solution to have possibility to have bracket installed exactly on the right side of the board.

[ADDED2] We made it! We designed new brackets for long motherboards! This is an unique design - never available before!

[UPDATED] According to wishes from people here and at Facebook we are ready to project special metal brackets which will be great for usage with long motherboard.

For the first touch only a few sets of brackets has been prepared. The result was fully rewarding so decision was made to prepare a first full batch for all C64 enthusiasts. Before the production starts, I need to know how many units must be produced. Please let me know if you are seriously interested. I need at least 50 20 orders to start the first batch. If you are interested, write your declaration!

The brackets are made from 1 mm cold forming steel and zinc coated. This is not any kind of 3D printing.

Price for 1 set of C64 keyboard brackets for every short motherboard is just 14,99 euro + 5 euros shipping worldwide!

Price for 1 set of C64 keyboard brackets for every long motherboard is just 15,99 euro + 5 euros shipping worldwide!

Additional set of 4 screws - 1 euro.

Additional set of 9 screws - 2 euros.

The set contains brand new produced and partially hand-made two brackets (left and right) for Commodore 64 keyboards which will fit exactly to your old or new C64C (sometimes called as C64 II) case.

Download manual in English language HERE <-Click (.pdf file).

Shipping price is the same if you want to receive from 1 to 4 sets of brackets. For more sets just ask for actual price. We need to know your country to calculate shipping costs.

I accept payments via PayPal as a gift. If You want to pay via PayPal invoice, price will need to be little increased (around 1 euro) to cover paypal fees. Ask for price if you are doubt about that.

Warning! Please don't make money conversions to Polish zlotych! I expect euros only or dollars if needed (ask for it).

Please declare your interest below. Please mention if you are interested with brackets for long or short motherboard!

Also please tell us if you are planning to use brackets with Reloaded MK2 or Ultimate-64 boards, because we need to improve right bracket exclusively for these boards.

Check images below to see how new brackets are presented.

Declarations:

Short board brackets:

1. Jiffy (1 set with screws) <- end of deal, feedback left from both sides, thank you :)
2. sjwaller (1 set with screws) <- shipped
3. Mr_byte (1 set with screws) <- invoice sent, no reply yet.
4. sysop (1 set with screws) <- shipped
5. ajk (1 set with screws) <- end of deal, feedback left from both sides, thank you :)
6. jsundh (1 set with screws) <- shipped
7. Markaine (2 sets with screws) <- end of deal, feedback left from both sides, thank you :)
8. cl4ng3r (2 sets with screws) <- end of deal, feedback left from both sides, thank you :)

Long board brackets:

1. Jiffy (1 set with screws) <- end of deal, feedback left from both sides, thank you :)
2. Markaine (2 sets with screws) <- end of deal, feedback left from both sides, thank you :)

blachy1.jpgblachy2.jpgblachy3.jpg

Attachments

• br5.jpg
    br5.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 0
  • br6.jpg
    br6.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 1
  • br13.jpg
    br13.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Looks very nice.

You might want to mention whether these match the new or old motherboards. I assume they are for the new (short) motherboards? Some C64Cs came with the old motherboard installed and I believe they used different brackets.

Looks very nice.

You might want to mention whether these match the new or old motherboards. I assume they are for the new (short) motherboards? Some C64Cs came with the old motherboard installed and I believe they used different brackets.

Thank You.

Yes, some of early C64C had different brackets. As far as I remember, they were integrated with metal shield which covers the motherboard. When Commodore company started to use carton shields, they also started to use metal brackets and this is exactly replica of them.

Interested. Can these be used with a breadbin motherboard?

Not exactly. Only right bracket can be installed with breadbin motherboard (long version) because on the left there is no hole for a screw on the motherboard. So these brackets are dedicated for short motherboards and especially for incoming ULTIMATE-64 boards.

If there will be more declarations of having metal brackets designed for long motherboard, we are ready to project them. Currently we are focusing on preparing first batch of brackets designed for short motherboard. Let us know if you are still interested so I can start the list of pre-orders.

Withdrawing interest in the short board brackets, sorry. Thanks for explaining, I need the option to mount a long board in a C64C case so I'll definitely be interested when the time comes.

I'm interested in one set (with screws) for the short board.

A long board version also sounds interesting.

Thank you! You are first on the list then. ;)

Withdrawing interest in the short board brackets, sorry. Thanks for explaining, I need the option to mount a long board in a C64C case so I'll definitely be interested when the time comes.

Ok, I undestand. No problem. We will try to make a project of new brackets for big motherboard.

Thank you!

Because we received some questions about possibility to launch batch also for long motherboard brackets, we are ready to do it.

So please update your declaration: amount of sets and destiny (long or short motherboard).

Please also leave new declarations for long motherboards.

We also decreased amount of declarations needed to 20 (we will take our risk ;).

Im interested in one set with screws for the short Board

Thank you.

Current list for short board brackets (if there is something which needs to be updated, please let me know):

1. Jiffy (+screws)
2. sjwaller
3. Mr_byte (+screws)

OK. Still withdrawing interest since I need the brackets now and not X months from now. Will have to use 3D printed alternative although your brackets look a lot nicer.

Will these work on the C64 Reloaded MK2?

Hello kirk_m and thanx for your post. Yes, of course. Our brackets will be great for every short board, included MK2.

Dear readers. We are preparing to produce first batch of brackets! We understand that someone can be inpatient so we decided to take the risk and produce some brackets. Also we will prepare sample brackets for long motherboard.

For those people who wants to get brackets ASAP I have additional offer. I have only two sets of sample brackets in my posession left. One is from steel, second set is from... aluminium. We decided to not to produce aluminium brackets because they would be more expensive. So we made only one. If someone is interested, both sets are for sale.

Priority is given to people on the list:

1. Jiffy (+screws)
2. sjwaller
3. Mr_byte (+screws)

Just let me know.

First batch I hope will be ready in January. All the best in 2018!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom