Home-made ACA500 case project

Tom_Rain

Country
Poland
Region
Koszalin
Here is first photo of home-project ACA500 case :)
This is a view of PROTO upper case. You can see some kind of surface deformation at "label sticker" but it will be corrected. The casing structure looks like its side.
It is printed on self-made 3D printer so please, be forgived.
Next pic are from project - backplate will be prepared for other extensions (I have nothing but ACA500 only).
I was checking dimensions with Apollo 1260 so I had to hardly remove one leg for screw ;)

Some correction will be made soon. Led-holes can be made handly :)

Remember - It's a PROTO :)
More pics later, when PROTO will be finished :)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 4
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 1
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 1
  • DSC_0137.jpg
    DSC_0137.jpg
    190 KB · Views: 4
  • aca500-spod6.jpg
    aca500-spod6.jpg
    183.7 KB · Views: 2
  • aca500-gora.jpg
    aca500-gora.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 2
A few ;) (about one day for all parts)
A little more pics:)

Attachments

• case4.jpg
    case4.jpg
    176.9 KB · Views: 1
  • case3.jpg
    case3.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 2
  • case5.jpg
    case5.jpg
    178.8 KB · Views: 3
  • case6.jpg
    case6.jpg
    188.1 KB · Views: 3
  • case7.jpg
    case7.jpg
    171.1 KB · Views: 3
  • case8.jpg
    case8.jpg
    162.3 KB · Views: 3
  • case9.jpg
    case9.jpg
    171.1 KB · Views: 2
It looks very promising, congrats!
Are you planning to produce and sell them in the near future?

If there will be interest in this - I will have to count all the time and costs ;)

Very nice! This would go great with my ACA500. It would be nice if you could smooth out the 3D print a bit more.

Great work!

Heather

If there will be interest in this - I will have to count all the time and costs ;)

For sure... keep us informed! :)
btw, as far as you know would that case work for an ACA500+ as well? I know that they are a bit different...

first completed

first completed

The first case is completed :)
Of course I had to made led's hole handly (after that I figured that I should place rectangled leds :p)
And this is very light grey colour (not white like many thinks).

It is in middle resolution 3d print and cost is ~58 euros - quite big, but it fits perfectly :)

1.jpg2.jpg5.jpg3.jpg6.jpg4.jpg8.jpg9.jpg7.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice! I found that mine is actually the ACA500+ and not the ACA500 so I suppose the same case wouldn't work for mine.

Heather

Fantastic vision of ACA500Plus? Main dimensions are valid (for bottom case - need to remove one ACA500 holder), and have to resolder LCD and button (on wires) to place it in the upper cover.
So it's no hard to re-make ;) I will go this way with LED's (for A500 keyboard style)

ACA500Plus proto.jpg

Last edited:
Looks good. Would want one if I had ACA500... Hoping there will be a new batch of them.

And the lastest try with led's :) I can say it's finished. For my I used original A500 spare leds.
Final1.jpgFinal2.jpgFinal3.jpgFinal5.jpgFinal6.jpgFinal7.jpg

I'm quite jealous. :) Please let us know if you ever decide to share the 3D files.

Heather

Wow, this looks amazing! I definitely would be interested in buying one for ACA500+. When would you have that version available for purchasing? :cool:

Tom_Rain will you share the 3D files with us please *pretty please*??

Back
Top Bottom