ADTpro ? Help

ViperSan

Country
UK
Region
Manchester
So ..I feel ready to try ADT pro ..
I've downloaded it from sourceforge ..but apparently I need the Java environment to run this ..?
I am trying to install this on an old Tecra XP laptop I have (it has a serial port)..which I can then get lose enough to the Apple computer physically ..
BUT ..I can't seem to find a working link for a legacy version of Java that is compatible and will run on XP ?
The latest version ..9 is more for 64 bit PCs ..so no use to me here ..
Can anyone help me?
either with a working link or the actual java install package ..
I thing anything up to version 7 is OK from what I've read.
Anyone ?
rgds
VS

Last edited:
Looks like I may have found what I need ..after navigating through all the adds and avoiding nagware at Cnet ..
I now have the user screen for ADT up on the lappy ..so hopefully I'll get to try it tomorrow..
Too late now ..
rgds
VS

Sort of having some success ..
but ..I got as far as /hopefully/ installing proDOS.
I got a beep and a return to the cursor prompt ..
ADTpro didn't report any transit errors ..the status bar ran full length...but when I entered 2000G
I got this
RELOCATION/CONFIGURATION ERROR

Thus prodos didn't run ?
I'm using audio connection for now ..as this is my older APPLE II Europlus ...and no serial card.
It is a 64K machine ..or so it claims ..
Is it that Prodos simply isn't suitable for this computer perhaps ?
Insufficient memory maybe ?
As I keep saying ..Apple is all new to me and I am dont familiar with the ground rules ..
rgds
VS

Last edited:
I’ve a feeling prodos needs more memory. Has adtpro another option of 48 k machines?

if you get nowhere i can make you a disk. But overall it sounds like you are making progress .

Last edited:
That would be extremely helpful ..
thank you
A floppy which will boot on the diskII for my ancient Europlus ..with Prodos and the ADTclient already on ..
Where do I sign up..
lol

- - - Updated - - -

Another 25+ attempts ...and I guess I got it in ..
Ok ..I figured I'd get it down on floppy asap ..
Only to find the drives aren't recognised ..
Strange cos I thought at least one was good ..as I can load DOS3.3 from drive 1 ..though I've _never_ been able to format with it ?
I guess it reads but doesn't write ?
anyone seen this before ?
I would try and fix it if I had spares ..
I have 2 drive cards ..but no spare analog boards.
Perhaps the analog board is repairable ...
is anyone aware of common failures ..chips etc ?
If not ..then I guess I'm on the hunt for replacement drives.
doh!
VS

Attachments

• DSCF0008.jpg
    DSCF0008.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Sadly no ..I can't INIT any floppies ..
I know one of the drives has a faulty analog board ..but the other reads disks ok ..but simply wont write or format ..
I assume the write heads are ok ..but that might be a false assumption..
I tried swapping the 'good' analog board into the other drive ..but still have the same problems.
It could be I simply have 2 faulty analog boards ...one of which is partially functional.
I just wish I had one good drive atm ..so I could pin down where the fault(s) lie.
rgds
VS

i think the drive is bad. Im not familar at al with the internals, sorry

the disk controller cards seem ok though dont they?

BTW! what you really want to hear - I posted your atdpro floppy today. apple 2 pi on the other side, couldnt get time to write a diagnostics disk sorry but that should get you going

iain

yep ..
I'm fairly sure the disk controller cards are ok ..
I have manged to source all the chips on the analog card but some are coming from China..
So ..assuming I can source the 2 transistors on the board ...theoretically I can have a damned good stab at repair ..assuming the disc and stepper motors = heads are ok ..
the rest is just resistors and caps .
I do love a challenge providing I can get parts..
thanks btw for the disk
rgds
VS

@ Iain ..
just letting you know the floppy arrived safely ..thanx
Can't try it atm ..as my AppleII psu is in bitz for a re-furb..
see other thread.
rgds
VS

Back
Top Bottom