Not open for further replies.

Emux

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Country
England
Region
Buckinghamshire
Hi, I've recently added Chroma and a new power switch to my old Philips CM8833-II and it was working fine but it has just started making a high pitched whine sound after being switched on for a few minutes so I'm worried that it might be on the way out!

Would anyone be prepared to do a service on the monitor as I don't want to loose it.

Please PM me if you require anymore details - Thank you.

If you find someone in the UK who fixes them let us know as I've got a CDTV black 1084 I've been meaning to get fixed.

yes i can repair it,ill send you a pm etc

thanks everyone

yes alexh i can do yours as well,i dont mind
send me a pm with faults etc so i have a vague idea what it is,ill try my best to sort it

Last edited:
Roy has very kindly agreed to take this on and also look at a CBM 1084 I have.

Many thanks for your help everyone.

lee brought the monitors round today,ill have a look at them when i get a sec,oddly the lopt hasnt failed and seems to work fine..
ill have to pull the board and have a look suspect possible dry joints,but lopt will be replaced anyway under lee's advisement going by discription of original post so wont hurt

other one is just a simple repair/adjustment,ill explain what that was when its done

both monitors are working fine now,i think

i replaced the lopt and hot transistor on the 8833 mk2 and gave it a little soak test,it seems fine

1084 initially had a tilt issue,which is now fixed and i found a bad switch(composite,chroma function) so replaced that and added scart as a request

any problems after you get them back,please let me know

Got my CM8833II and CBM 1084 monitors back today.

The CM8833II's wine has gone and it now works perfectly.

The 1084 screen tilt has been fixed and it now has a scart socket on the back as well (it only had a 6 pin RGB socket before) and it works perfectly.

Many thanks Roy, great work and positive feedback has been left.

Hello, I am replying to this thread as i also havea Philips CM8833 (mk 1) monitor which i use with my amiga, which hasdeveloped a similar problem.
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]Theproblem is that when it is turned on, the power led doesn’t comeon, the screen doesn’t come on, and it emits a high pitchednoise.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]There is also another issue in that the round input port stopped workingproperly some time ago - when used with that socket the displaydidn't seem to show all the colours - but the monitor was stillworking ok with scart.

If you can help please could you let me know, i can't send a private message yet as I have only just signed up to this forum. I come to birmingham regularly so dropping it in to you wouldn't be a problem.

many thanks, Richard

[/FONT]

ill send you a message,and explain to open a thread of your own richard

EDIT: what you could do richard,is open a thread in general chat and say hello,or reply to my comment,or open another thread in the serives area like this one,either way itll count as a second post and youll be free to pm me...i sent you a pm anyway,but not sure if you can reply to it

Last edited:
i have sent another pm to richard to in an attempt to help him respond,and to explain how to increase his post count so he can contact me

hope thats ok

Thankyou Roy, I did try to respond to your message but it must not have sent it, didn't know i couldn't respond. I will do as you say and then reply to your private message. Many thanks, Richard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom