A500 help

scrappysphinx

Confused retro man
VIP
Country
UK
Region
Nottingham
Hi all, i have an a500 here that i'm having an issue with, i don't know if its one of the custom chips or something else but here goes. Its a Rev6A which has the extra 512k chip ram fitted to the motherboard and the jumpers altered accordingly. Currently has a 2.04 rom in but have tried with 1.3 and 3.1 rom too.

Everything lights up and boots from floppy as it should, keys on the keyboard appear to work fine and i can type however CTRL+A+A doesn't work, tried a replacement keyboard controller board and still not working. Stripped keyboard and cleaned the membrane and using a multimeter i checked for continuity following the traces for on the three keys which all check out fine. So whats gonna be causing my issue here?

Secondly it will boot fine from the floppy disc but doesn't register disc changes. I.e. if i boot into workbench 1.3 from floppy disk and then eject the disk and put a new one in the icon on the workbench desktop still shows workbench 1.3 instead of the new disk. Same with multi disc games, i can boot cannon fodder disk 1 but when requesting disc 2 i can swap out the disk when using the real floppy or press the next disk button on the gotek but it never loads. This is the same with both a real floppy drive and a gotek drive.

Any tips are highly appreciated

Thanks

Tried swapping the CIAs over...

I will have a look at the schematics tomorrow

:)

Sounds like a floppy drive problem

Back
Top Bottom