Half-Saint

AmiBayer
Rating - 100%
210   0   0
Country
Slovenia
Region
Ljubljana
I have for sale a SyQuest SQ3270A + 4 used disks. The drive was in use until the early 2000s then sat in storage for years.

Asking 40€ 30€ 25€ + shipping.

Will test it, if there's interest.

Last edited:
I tried to test the drive and while BIOS correctly identifies it as SQ3270A, I can't access the drive from DOS and it's making weird sounds after the initial spin-up. It sounds very similar to a floppy drive trying to read a faulty disk.

I tried to test the drive and while BIOS correctly identifies it as SQ3270A, I can't access the drive from DOS and it's making weird sounds after the initial spin-up. It sounds very similar to a floppy drive trying to read a faulty disk.

It’s my turn? Or I need to wait Anareil? ....for the drive, you have tested all four disks?

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Anareil is still first in queue.

I tested with all four disks and it's the same. Could I be doing something wrong?

Anareil is still first in queue.

I tested with all four disks and it's the same. Could I be doing something wrong?

Im not 100% sure but you might have to enter the drives C/H/S (Cylinder / Head / Sector) values in the system's BIOS? I know that old IDE/ATA based drives below 504MB or so operated on C/H/S values and wouldnt be accessible until they were put in. If your doing that already then it may be the drive (or the cartridges) are faulty :-( or maybe we're missing some other piece of info...

I don't know what to do with this so please close for now.

I will probably try to sell the disks separately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom