Amiga A1200 Tower Project.

Amazing project! congrats!!! i really like the work that you put on the case, im looking to do the same on a A4000.

Hi Everyone,

Virgin media are discontinuing their webspace service and all the drawings and photos for this project are hosted there. If you would like the files, please grab them as I'm not sure when/if I'll be moving them.

Regards,
Ed.

A1200 Tower project

A1200 Tower project

Simply, awesome! (y)

Amazing work has made me want to try it. Think there is a market for an A1200 / A600 tower I'm surprised this has not been kickstarted yet. See original cases have a kickstart project going why not a tower.

Thanks goldfish.

I'm not sure there is a market to be honest or atleast a continued market. If there were I'd get tooled up and make some, or convert some existing PC cases, but it might only only attract a few enthusiasts. I'd also like to make some cases similar to the old checkmate case, for the A500 and possibly A600/CD32. The cost of tooling up and making them would be far more than what people would want to pay for them I feel, IMHO.

Kind regards,
Ed.

I have now uploaded all embedded photos and drawings to Amibay and relinked them.

Regards,
Ed.

Very cool project! I did a similar project around 20 years ago based on a Inwin A500 PC tower. Instead of making a custom back plate I situated the motherboard with the ports facing upwards and manufactured extension cables to ports mounted in PCI brackets. The PCMCIA port was accessible directly in the back. No Mediator but two harddrives, a CD-ROM and a overclocked Blizzard 1230IV running att 60 MHz.

CorelDraw files are not lost...

Attachments

• CaseRearPanel.zip
    47.6 KB · Views: 15
Back
Top Bottom