My FloppyEMU is here

ViperSan

Country
UK
Region
Manchester
Won a £100 on a scratch card at Christmas so decided to treat myself to a late Christmas present ..and ordered a full floppyemu kit from big mess o wires ..
It didn't exactly arrive today ..just a card with the post saying ..to pay import duties and handling costs before they would release it ...OR it would return to the US ..
So had to make a five mile trip and pay another £29 to get it ..
Typical treatment for anyone living in the UK ..
I just wish some US vendors would start sending small parcels as gifts to avoid silly charges..
I'm sure they would sell more that way..
Anyway..
gripe over ..the kit is in the photo ..
..with a jigsaw case ..but the emu preassembled.
quite an expense really ..so I hope it proves worth it..
rgds
VS

Attachments

• DSCF0048.jpg
    DSCF0048.jpg
    198 KB · Views: 0
Fiddly to assemble the perspex case without glueing it ...but it can be done with patience..

They have started fitting micro sd readers ..which makes the card hard to remove and flash without tweezers ..
apart from that ..
working just fine.
rgds
VS

Attachments

• DSCF0049.jpg
    DSCF0049.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 1
  • DSCF0051.jpg
    DSCF0051.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 1
They have started fitting micro sd readers ..which makes the card hard to remove and flash without tweezers ..
VS
Yeah - I don't know what's the mania with micro-sd in places where "regular" SD fits without problems...

I have one of the Original versions and they work great.. The Smartport facility is really useful with the GS or Apple IIc but for the Humble II / IIe its limited to just 140K floppy emulation, 1 disk at a time.

Of course then there is this on the way ;)

DSC02187.jpg

Although I have debugged the simple SD adapter to the point it's stable I wasn't happy with it's unflexible RAW HD imaging let alone performance and reliance on 65C02 enhanced processor systems (iie and iic)

This Prototype Provides a FAT 32 based SD card which takes standard .po HD images directly by dropping them on the card, current firmware just supports one partition but it's being developed / debugged at this time so this will increase. :)

And it works with CPM cards, and ALL Apple II models apart from the C obviously.

:)

I got my Floppy Emu about a 18 months ago (not long after BMOW started selling it with a case). Been absolutely invaluable for my old Mac's. Still yet to try it on my //C however.

And yes I had to pay the scandalous import duty too. . .

Last edited:
View attachment 130184

Although I have debugged the simple SD adapter to the point it's stable I wasn't happy with it's unflexible RAW HD imaging let alone performance and reliance on 65C02 enhanced processor systems (iie and iic)

This Prototype Provides a FAT 32 based SD card which takes standard .po HD images directly by dropping them on the card, current firmware just supports one partition but it's being developed / debugged at this time so this will increase. :)

And it works with CPM cards, and ALL Apple II models apart from the C obviously.

:)

Nice, Bas! Is that the redesign on Florian’s board?

Last edited:
Certainly looks easier to put together. Anyhow, it is great that reasonably priced, open source mass media solutions are coming available for the Apple II series too.

@Vipersan, sorry for the thread hijack.

Back
Top Bottom