Closed LumaTOLB - LumaFix with TOLB combo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, what does that mean for those of us that are in the queue?
(yes I am competent to install it, 20 years electronics technician).

Ok, what does that mean for those of us that are in the queue?
(yes I am competent to install it, 20 years electronics technician).
All orders which have been paid for will be honored.

Last edited:
I feel like I should share this...

I feel like I should share this...

Received mine, they work as advertised! :)

Last edited:
I hope that you are able to produce a new version sometime in the future, these will only become more in need as time passes.

Last edited:
I am presently facing serious health problems so I have left production of LumaTOLBs in the hands of SnakeGrunger (Francis Bernier).

Please contact him to place orders.

Last edited:
I would be interested in 1 x LumaTOLB, together with 1 x TOLB and 1 x PLAnkton. All PAL versions. Sending PM.

Last edited:
Hi eslapion,

I realise you're out of stock, but I have a question nonetheless. Does this unit require any clock input at all, or is completely independent? The SX-64 has a clock module that is soldered to the CPU board. It provides both the 14.31818 and 8.181817MHz dot and colour clocks via 2 separate crystals (It has no 8107 like C64). There is no other crystal or clock source (except the 60HZ TOD for CIAs). If I were to remove that board completely and fit an NTSC LumaTOLB beneath the VIC, would this provide those clocks?

EDIT: i just confirmed it would work. I had a PAL LumaTOLB and it works (albeit black and white picture - to be expected on NTSC configured CRT). Now to wait for NTSC LumaTOLB re-stock!

Thanks!

Last edited:
Package arrived fast. Everything properly packed. Can recommend to everyone. Positive feedback left.

Hi eslapion,

I realise you're out of stock, but I have a question nonetheless. Does this unit require any clock input at all, or is completely independent? The SX-64 has a clock module that is soldered to the CPU board. It provides both the 14.31818 and 8.181817MHz dot and colour clocks via 2 separate crystals (It has no 8107 like C64). There is no other crystal or clock source (except the 60HZ TOD for CIAs). If I were to remove that board completely and fit an NTSC LumaTOLB beneath the VIC, would this provide those clocks?

The very point of LumaTOLB is to make sure the VIC-II doesn't require any clock input at all.

Your question appears to be: 'Does LumaTOLB do what it is supposed to do ?'

You have discovered the answer is yes.

I assume you've removed the clock board of your SX-64 because you wanted to convert it from PAL to NTSC or because there was a problem with the board present.

However, please note I do not recommend using LumaTOLB on the SX-64 because of the way the VIC-II is cooled. The heat sink is rather large and that's perfectly normal and LumaTOLB slides under this IC and elevates it even further possibly causing physical conflicts or short circuits. I don't recommend using a smaller heat sink.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom