Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 24

Thread: LumaTOLB - LumaFix with TOLB combo

  1. #11
    DigitalMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Country
    Canada
    Region:
    Ontario
    Posts
    12
    Feedback
    0

    Default

    Well I am interested in both an NTSC and PAL version. PM when ready I guess?

  2. #12
    eslapion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Country
    Canada
    Region:
    Quebec
    Posts
    942
    Feedback
    61 (100%)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalMan View Post
    Well I am interested in both an NTSC and PAL version. PM when ready I guess?
    I will announce it here.

  3. #13
    Starglider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Country
    US&A
    Region:
    CA
    Posts
    340
    Feedback
    4 (83%)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eslapion View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalMan View Post
    Well I am interested in both an NTSC and PAL version. PM when ready I guess?
    I will announce it here.
    I hate to ask, and won't hold you to it, but do you have a rough ballpark guesstimate ETA? A week/month/quarter?

    I need to decide whether to proceed with the standard mod of my NTSC 250407 B to PAL or wait for this?

    Can I also put myself first on the list if you need a beta tester for that mod?

    Thanks!
    Last edited by Starglider; 12th January 2018 at 00:40.
    Thanks!
    "Recordar es vivir"


    Amiga 500 Rev 5 NTSC | Kickstart 3.1 | A508IDE 4GB CF HDD | Supra Clock 500 | Chinon FZ-357A HD FDD

  4. #14
    Amibayer! demolition's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Country
    Denmark
    Region:
    Copenhagen
    Age
    37
    Posts
    2,066
    Feedback
    55 (100%)

    Default

    This sounds like a nice little product. I have a regular Lumafix already but unfortunately it does not fit in my Reloaded board due to the ZIF socket so this would be the solution for that. Will it also be available from a reseller within EU/EEC?
    Last edited by demolition; 12th January 2018 at 09:38.
    A1200 (NOS) : 030 33MHz 128MB fast RAM (ACA1232) : Indivision AGA MkII : 8GB CF : RR USB : Ethernet
    A600 #1 : 68080 V2 : 128MB fast : 2MB chip : Indivision ECS : 4GB CF : RR USB
    : Ethernet | A600 #2 : 010 : 2MB chip
    A500 : 68000 42MHz : 1MB chip : 8MB fast : 4GB CF | A500+ : 68080 V2 : 128MB fast : 2MB chip : 16GB SD

  5. #15
    mrr19121970's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Country
    Germany
    Region:
    Hessen
    Age
    47
    Posts
    1,266
    Feedback
    231 (100%)
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Cool idea. Why not a dual VIC version ? Jumpered for NTSC & PAL
    See www.amibay.com/entry.php?176-My-Offerings
    Speed up the transaction ?? PayPal.me/mrr19121970 as family'n'friends and PM me with what you want and where to send it.

  6. #16
    eslapion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Country
    Canada
    Region:
    Quebec
    Posts
    942
    Feedback
    61 (100%)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Starglider View Post
    I hate to ask, and won't hold you to it, but do you have a rough ballpark guesstimate ETA? A week/month/quarter?

    I need to decide whether to proceed with the standard mod of my NTSC 250407 B to PAL or wait for this?

    Can I also put myself first on the list if you need a beta tester for that mod?

    Thanks!
    Since I have both PAL and NTSC C64 boards of pretty much all types, I am my own beta tester.

    I expect the first units to ship by mid March.

    Quote Originally Posted by demolition View Post
    This sounds like a nice little product. I have a regular Lumafix already but unfortunately it does not fit in my Reloaded board due to the ZIF socket so this would be the solution for that. Will it also be available from a reseller within EU/EEC?
    I am negotiating with European resellers.

    Quote Originally Posted by mrr19121970 View Post
    Cool idea. Why not a dual VIC version ? Jumpered for NTSC & PAL
    Because I would have to sell the product 150 Euros (switching all 40 pins between one VIC-II or the other is quite complex) and having a board which carries both ICs would cause some serious space concerns.
    Last edited by eslapion; 12th January 2018 at 18:29.

  7. #17
    8 Bit Dreams DjCook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Country
    Germany
    Region:
    Bavaria
    Age
    39
    Posts
    565
    Feedback
    26 (100%)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eslapion View Post
    I am negotiating with European resellers.
    i think saying it eslapion means:
    Quote Originally Posted by eslapion View Post
    PLAnkton, GandALF and TOLB are now distributed in Europe by Poly Play.
    Retro computer hardware & repair in Germany

  8. #18
    Starglider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Country
    US&A
    Region:
    CA
    Posts
    340
    Feedback
    4 (83%)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eslapion View Post
    Since I have both PAL and NTSC C64 boards of pretty much all types, I am my own beta tester.
    Do you definitely have a 250407 Rev B NTSC to test? 😉
    Thanks!
    "Recordar es vivir"


    Amiga 500 Rev 5 NTSC | Kickstart 3.1 | A508IDE 4GB CF HDD | Supra Clock 500 | Chinon FZ-357A HD FDD

  9. #19
    Starglider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Country
    US&A
    Region:
    CA
    Posts
    340
    Feedback
    4 (83%)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eslapion View Post
    Just like TOLB can convert a C64 board from NTSC to PAL and inversely, the same is true with LumaTOLB
    Do we still need to swap out the VIC chip from NTSC to PAL though?
    Last edited by Starglider; 13th January 2018 at 06:58.
    Thanks!
    "Recordar es vivir"


    Amiga 500 Rev 5 NTSC | Kickstart 3.1 | A508IDE 4GB CF HDD | Supra Clock 500 | Chinon FZ-357A HD FDD

  10. #20
    eslapion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Country
    Canada
    Region:
    Quebec
    Posts
    942
    Feedback
    61 (100%)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Starglider View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by eslapion View Post
    Since I have both PAL and NTSC C64 boards of pretty much all types, I am my own beta tester.
    Do you definitely have a 250407 Rev B NTSC to test? 😉
    I have a Rev. A but I also know the differences between Rev. A and Rev. B and they have no impact on LumaTOLB.

    Do we still need to swap out the VIC chip from NTSC to PAL though?
    Of course. LumaTOLB, just like TOLB and LumaFix, generate the clock signals and produce minute level shifting to the Luma-Sync signal coming from the VIC-II but they cannot alter the fundamental properties of the VIC-II and the type of video signal coming from it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. For Sale 8701 replacement: meet TOLB
    By eslapion in forum Commodore
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 4th January 2018, 21:43
  2. PAL's GVP 030 combo
    By jcarvalho in forum AmiOracle
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 18th May 2016, 21:06
  3. Sold GVP 030 Combo
    By Rishca in forum Amiga
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 17th January 2016, 17:14
  4. GVP 040/33 Combo and OS 3.9 ?!?!
    By abraXXious in forum AmiOracle
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 29th April 2011, 08:26

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •