Mustang -> Mail -> Payment received -> shipped
arxxxx -> Mail -> Payment received -> shipped
ludovicfrance -> Mail -> Payment received -> shipped
Oldskool1 -> Mail
kaosoverride -> Mail
Starvak-Sp -> Mail -> Payment received -> shipped

Waiting for answers...

Last edited:
This weekend (first weekend of May 2019), I will be bumping all of the USA (only) interests in the first batch which have not responded to my 1:1 contacts to a no-response list at the bottom (for tracking purposes only). If interest is re-asserted, you may re-enter the queue.

blindgerman has addressed all but two one of his group in Batch One. I don't have a window close date defined yet with him, but mid-May is looking likely. If anyone has alternate contact info for the remaining people, maybe drop them a quick note to respond to either accept/decline? They will eventually go on the no-response list.

As soon as I have confirmation that tbtorro has received his batch and has begun to make contacts, I will attempt to address a few USA Batch Two interests with the unclaimed adapters I still have in hand. It's not enough for all that are pending, but several are likely to be addressed.

I am in the process of updating BigBookOfAmigaHardware as a co-Admin. I hope to post much of the GuruROM documentation links there, and a support tool archive. There will only be the basic support tools in it, and no C= components (as was with the v6.10 DMS), as most will have HDToolBox from their Amiga OS media. The 3.1.4 release version is probably the most ideal as of this posting, but no confirmed means to include it in the distribution is currently available.

Update: I am in possession of the FastPrep/ExpertPrep source code from GVP-M. I have successfully compiled the last version, v2.51, under SAS/C 6.58. I have a laundry list of needs and wants to update it for large media, alternate filesystems, larger block sizes, and many other features needed for Amiga OS 3.1.4 (2018 ) and the previous OS 3.5/3.9 offerings ~20 years ago, but it will take some time. Use the 3.1.4 HDToolBox (for now) for large-media partitioning; use the support tools to enable Sync or DC/RC on a target device. DMA Mask and MaxTransfer values in a boot block or mountlist should be updated to the suggested values for best performance unless the media will end up being moved onto non-GuruROM controller/driver configurations that require more conservative values. The last 1993-compiled version of ExpertPrep 2.51 with the RDB Sync flag toggle (but no large-media or block size setting option) is available off the A1230+/A1291 DMS media archive on GVP-M.com as an option, although the remainder of the tools on it are for the V5.x gvpscsi.device of that product, and are not compatible with v3.x/v4.x GVP FastROM, or GuruROM V6.

I am looking for a means to get a more automated production done for Batch Two. Batch Two will remain open until I secure a bulk build solution to address them. After the Batch One/Two interest list is addressed with my current distribution points, I anticipate all distribution to points outside of the USA will go to tbtorro.

A domestic shipping note that flat rate USPS small box within the USA is just under $8 with tracking and insurance. First class padded mailer and added track/insurance services require an inquiry w/address. To Canada via USPS is ~$10-11 via First Class Mail with no tracking or insurance (no option), and sadly, is more than half the adapter price with a flat-rate small box (includes tracking/insurance), that I feel dirty even offering it. I will likely be at World of Commodore / TPUG in Toronto, Canada, in December 2019 (I've made it the last 2 years), so options for hand-off might exist if any interested parties not yet addressed might attend.

Use the support thread (link on the first page) for any technical support questions (it's a post in the AmiOracle area).

I also will look to re-flow the original post soon.

Thanks for everyone's patience, and for the efforts of my distributors so far.

Robert

Last edited:
I shipped to tbtorro on April 18th...

Update...

Cyborg -> Mail -> Payment received -> shipped
sinsaner -> Mail -> Payment received -> shipped
aPEX -> Mail -> Payment received -> shipped
gseb -> Mail -> Payment reveived -> shipped
bubbob42 -> Mail -> Payment received -> shipped
Straubuli -> Mail -> Payment received -> shipped
Oldskool1 -> Mail
kaosoverride -> Mail -> Payment received

So still waiting for an answer from Oldskool1... He was not active on AmiBaY since 3rd March 2019!

Last edited:
PM: Jim_Oregon to confirm controller type (slight ambiguity, I want to be sure)
- Updated blindgerman notes in first post.
- tbtorro is chasing down his distribution shipment.
- Updating the OP to move my USA no-replies off the active-interest list.

Update...

Cyborg -> Mail -> Payment received -> shipped
sinsaner -> Mail -> Payment received -> shipped
aPEX -> Mail -> Payment received -> shipped
gseb -> Mail -> Payment reveived -> shipped
bubbob42 -> Mail -> Payment received -> shipped
Straubuli -> Mail -> Payment received -> shipped
Oldskool1 -> Mail
kaosoverride -> Mail -> Payment received -> shipped

So still waiting for an answer from Oldskool1...

Morten - Denmark - 1x GuruROM+Adapter (A2091) - shipped
Rave - UK - 2x Adapter+GuruROM (GVP & A590) - shipped
Durniplot - 2x Norway - GuruROM+Adapter - (A590 & GVP) - no payment
Assahi - Czech Republic - 2x GuruROM+Adapter (GVP & A590) - no payment
chain - Czech Republic - 1x GuruROM+Adapter (A590) - not interested
cjhall2004 - UK (Wales) - 1x GuruROM+Adapter - GVP - shipped
PRS - Netherlands - 1x GuruROM+Adapter - GVP - shipped
Morphfrog - Sweden - 1x GuruROM+Adapter - GVP - shipped
luuvaurio - Finland - 2x GuruROM+Adapter - A590+GVP - shipped
ElectroBlaster - UK? - 2x? GuruROM+Adapter - A590+GVP - no payment
timtheloon - UK - 2x GuruROM+Adapter - A590 - shipped

Payment deadline 10 days (until 21/05) then moving down the queue. (This is also stated in the PM). I'll update this post with the status every couple of days.
-------------------------------------
All shipped or no payment, batch closed.

Last edited:
One GuruRom + Adapter for GVP A530 payed. However, nick was not mentioned in the comment field, as I was not able to do from my phone.

PM sent with the nescessary information.

2 x rom+adapter & shipping ordered from tbtorro.
I was also unable to add my nick on PayPal, so I've sent a pm.

interest in GURU ROM for GVP

interest in GURU ROM for GVP

Hello I am new here, I joined so I could express interest in 1x GURU ROM with adaptor for a GVP A500-HD8 Series II rev.6 with shipping to Australia.

Last edited:
Adapters received today, super fast post!

Many thanks tbtorro, Tak.

And many thanks to thebajaguy for recreating them! :) [emoji108]

Sent from my Nokia 9 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom